Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2013 08:00

losing the will to live

Had to get a new printer and usually quite happy with dell and don't have too many issues setting up.  But today I am now in strong language mode off'd.  Thought it would be easy job last night but no still here and have been trying all morning since about 7am.  I have a sony vaio laptop and a dell C1765nfw printer, have done everything I can think off including installing and uninstalling a thousand times, trying to set up wirelessly, with usb, with Ethernet etc etc but still I can't print.  It says printer ready and the printer has the same message but nothing will come out.  Oh and have also taking off firewall whilst setting up.  Dell tell me that no one works on printers at the weekend and I phone the states and they can't help me because this is England.  Unfortunately I am not good at giving up and really want this fixed so I can get on with the rest of my weekend jobs.  Oh and my hub is BT 3. something I think.  Please if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful as will my children because my mood is worsening by the minute

November 9th, 2013 08:00

Well after about 35 hours of trying - everything came to a standstill in our house this week because I don't like being beaten - it can be a significant weakness not being able to stop and get on with other things!  Having simply set up my boys 2 laptops and thinking mine must need replacing albeit only just over 12 months old and pristine condition, I decided to have one last ditch attempt. 

So go into print properties/advanced/ printer processer /winprint

dead simple and frankly I am surprised that no one at dell could give me a clue to such a simple solution.

1.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 10:00

Hi Timewasting,

We understand how frustrating that can be and hope we can help you resolve the issue at the earliest.  Follow the instructions mentioned in the links given below.

The first thing to do would be to try and take a stand-alone copy from the printer itself. Does it copy successfully? If yes, the printer hardware seems to be fine and we need to look at the communication between the computer and the printer.

Check if there are multiple copies of the printer software installed on your computer or if there are any documents in the printer queue. Both these reasons could stop the printer from printing as well.

How to Download and Install Printer Drivers and Firmware: http://dell.to/1fnLmr2 .
Firstly, you must un-install the existing printing drivers and then re-boot the computer. Then install the printer drivers from the link given below or using the printer software disk. Select the correct operating system as per your computer prior to beginning the download and installation.

The Printer did Not Install Correctly or Gets a Communication Error: http://dell.to/19z7ctG

Drivers & Downloads for Dell C1765NFW MFP Laser Printer: http://dell.to/1fanjhh .
Also update the firmware. Connect the USB cable (even if you will be printing wirelessly later) and install the drivers.

Turn off the UAC ( User Account Control) and disable the firewall prior to installing the printer software. Once the printer is installed and printing correctly, turn on the UAC and re-enable the firewall.  

Usually, if the printer hardware is functioning properly, the steps mentioned above should be helpful in resolving the issue.

Please reply if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->
US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here

November 2nd, 2013 13:00

Thank you dell for coming back to me - unfortunately still no success, same situation in that the printer is ready on lap top and screen but nothing prints.  In fact I think the print job gets deleted almost as quickly as it is selected.  I can confirm I can print the system settings and it photo copies

1.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2013 16:00

Hi Timewasting,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you get any error messages? Were you able to un-install the printer driver, re-boot the system and then re-install the printer driver as requested previously?

Please check in the Device Manager. Is the printer listed? Also check the Windows print spooler services. Click on the link below for steps on how to access and start the Windows print spooler service.

Stop, start or restart the Windows print spooler service: http://dell.to/1dCZL42

Please reply with results so that we may assist you further.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->

7 Posts

November 4th, 2013 10:00

I ran into a similar problem yesterday when I networked my laptop to my desktop's 3130cn printer. What I found was my desktop had about 3 printers shown in the Win7 control panel. The Dell 3130cn Color Laser PCL6 was the default printer showing in the laptop's control panel while the desktop had the Dell 3130cn0F6a as its default printer.

The desktop WOULD NOT PRINT using the PCL6 and the laptop would not print using the 0F6a. The files would show up in the queue and not print.

I solved that problem by downloading new drivers AND CREATED A NEW PROBLEM. Not hijacking here but fyi the new problem is that I cannot get the printer to only print in black & white.

I find this printer prints superbly if you can get it set the way you need it. I find the setup a SUPER, BIG PITA!!!

Good luck! 

Foggy

November 4th, 2013 12:00

None of the solutions seem to be helping.  I had an old colleague who is an IT guy remote in and he experienced the same problems, but suggested I try setting it up on another computer (Samsung lap top) on which it works fine with USB connection.  We have come to the conclusion therefore it is something within the sony vaio that is stopping the printer spooling properly.  This was late last night and I don't really want to trouble him again so if you can help further please do let me know.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2013 14:00

timewasting,

Please continue with DELL-Babita S

On the problem machine, run Delete Print Jobs then restart your computer. Stuck print job(s) in the queue can cause problems, even if you uninstall then reinstall.

Open the document you want to print, click on file, print and make sure the proper printer is selected.

If that does not work, then I would suggest running Delete Print Jobs, restart the computer.

Make sure the printer is not cable connected to the computer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

This should give you a clean start with installing the printer.

Rick

1.3K Posts

November 4th, 2013 15:00

Hi Timewasting,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry to learn that the issue persists. Were you able to start the print spooler service? If the printer installs correctly and works fine on a different computer, then the issue could be with the operating system on the first computer. If you have not attempted the steps yet, please click on the link below to re-start the print spooler service.

Stop, start or restart the Windows print spooler service: http://dell.to/1dCZL42

Try the steps mentioned by our esteemed Rockstar, Rick. If the issue persists, and, if it is important for you to connect the printer to this particular computer, then you may try re-installing the operating system as a last resort. Please backup all important data on an external storage device prior to beginning the re-installation to avoid data loss. Please initiate this step as a last resort only, once you have tried all steps mentioned in the links above.

Please keep us posted on the results.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell

1.3K Posts

November 4th, 2013 15:00

Hi Foggy,

To choose to print in black only, you might need to change the printing preferences settings.

• Open Printers by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Printers.
  • Right-click the printer that you want to manage, click Run as administrator, and then click Properties.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • You can choose which ink to print from under printing preferences.

If the steps above do not help, please try the steps mentioned by our esteemed Rockstar, Rick. Un-install all existing versions of the printer driver on your computer, reboot the system and then re-install the printer driver.

Please keep us posted on the results.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell

3 Posts

November 8th, 2013 13:00

Please excuse me for jumping in on this thread, but I am having sililar problems to Timewasting. 

Just purchased the C1765nfw and tried to instal through USB cable onto an Acer AX3950 running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.  Have installed, cleaned out, re-installed, trouble shot etc., several times and checked spooler service.  When I try and print a file seems to be sent to the print cue but disappears in a matter of a couple of seconds and no printing comes out.  I can see the printer in Control Panel and can also use the scanner and copier - it just won't physically print a file.  In desperation, I then plugged in an old lap top (a Dell Studio) running Vista Home Premium, again through a USB.  Installed the drivers from the disk and this worked (i.e. printed first time). 

I then tried to get cute and set this PC/Printer up as a shared device on a home network with the Acer/Windows 7 and .... it still won't print.  Now, however, when I try and print e.g. a file from excel, the same file appears twice in the print cue with the message "printing" and  "spooling" (I only send it to print once) for a few seconds as per the snip below.  After about 10 seconds both files disappear and nothing prints. Not sure this helps, but maybe a misery shared is a misery haved!  Andy.

3 Posts

November 11th, 2013 03:00

Well after about 35 hours of trying - everything came to a standstill in our house this week because I don't like being beaten - it can be a significant weakness not being able to stop and get on with other things!  Having simply set up my boys 2 laptops and thinking mine must need replacing albeit only just over 12 months old and pristine condition, I decided to have one last ditch attempt. 

So go into print properties/advanced/ printer processer /winprint

dead simple and frankly I am surprised that no one at dell could give me a clue to such a simple solution.

3 Posts

November 11th, 2013 03:00

Hallelujah - you're a saint.  The children can come out of the cupboard, the dog from under the bed and the wife from behind the sofa.  We have a printer that works (for now at least) and all is well with the world.  Thanks for resoring my sanity:emotion-2:

November 11th, 2013 12:00

Just wish I had manage to do it sooner for you and me!  Think dell owe us compensation!

1 Message

December 19th, 2013 07:00

CAD drawings (A4 size) - some will print - some will not.

They all print on old Canon inkjet printer.

This Dell printer - B1260dn - is rubbish.

1 Message

April 28th, 2015 11:00

What did you do in the Print processor settings? Enable winprint? Disable?? Thanks in advance!

No Events found!