Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2013 18:00

CyberLink PowerDVD 9.5 The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is under threat. etc.

System Details: Dell XPS 8500; Dell U2711 monitor in landscape mode, Dell U2412M monitor in portrait mode; Windows 8; CyberLink PowerDVD 9.5.1.4822

Has anyone been successful in getting PowerDVD 9.5 working with Blu-Ray disks?

So far I have not been able to do so.

The first problem that I run into is "CyberLink PowerDVD is not optimized for this screen resolution and will now close." Apparently PowerDVD 9.5 is not capable of handling a screen in portrait mode even though it comes up on the U2711 in landscape mode. Sigh.

OK, so I switch the U2412M to landscape mode and try again.

Then I get "The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is under threat. Check your anti-virus software for malicious activities or try reinstalling CyberLink PowerDVD."

Reinstall - no joy. Physically detach second monitor - no joy.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem?

...glenn

1 Message

February 4th, 2014 11:00

I also had this problem on an XPS8300 with 1 landscape and 2 portrait monitors. Having researched this issue it turns out (confirmed indirectly by Cyberlink, the makers of PowerDVD) that a system with at least one portrait monitor connected will not run PowerDVD even on a connected landscape screen. Cyberlink claim in the product update release notes that this issue was corrected during the lifecycle of version 11. They are on Version 13 now so upgrading to version 12 or 13 should fix the problem, though I have not tested it yet.

No Events found!