Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2005 16:00

DEFAULT PLAYER

Hello All,
I own a kodak digital camera that has a memory stick that let's me tape up to 8.5 min of video.  I am trying to download to my computer which is a dimension 8200 the video.  I have done this and the video can only be played on Apple's quick time player.  I want it donwloaded so that I can view it using windows media player.  I try opening it with media player but it says it doesn't understand the extensions used.  Can someone tell me how to get it so I can use the media Windows player instead.  I can't find anywhere where I can change the default player.  I even tried removing quicktime completely and donwloading the camera memory again but it didn't work.  It said that it needs the quicktime player to compllete the download.  I was hoping this is becuase xp still says that quck time is the defualt and the software for the camera is looking for the defualt file extensions etc which werer erased.  Please let me know where I'm going wrong here. 

11.9K Posts

August 12th, 2005 19:00

@drizzt4444 wrote:
Hello All,
I own a kodak digital camera that has a memory stick that let's me tape up to 8.5 min of video.  I am trying to download to my computer which is a dimension 8200 the video.  I have done this and the video can only be played on Apple's quick time player.  I want it donwloaded so that I can view it using windows media player.  I try opening it with media player but it says it doesn't understand the extensions used.  Can someone tell me how to get it so I can use the media Windows player instead.  I can't find anywhere where I can change the default player.  I even tried removing quicktime completely and donwloading the camera memory again but it didn't work.  It said that it needs the quicktime player to compllete the download.  I was hoping this is becuase xp still says that quck time is the defualt and the software for the camera is looking for the defualt file extensions etc which werer erased.  Please let me know where I'm going wrong here. 

You need to give Windows Media player the proper codecs to play mpeg files.  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx
No Events found!