Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 17th, 2009 13:00

The Dell Dock has vanished from my desktop (Vista)

How do I get it back?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2009 20:00

jyurow,

Try this first. Start, all programs, Dell Dell Dock. See if it comes back.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 20th, 2009 06:00

ppatton,

Go to start, control panel, programs and features. Un-install Dell Dock, then restart your computer. Now go to Dell Dock download and install the newer version.

Rick

3 Posts

that does not work. it tries to reconnect but it tell me to contact you! help please!

3 Posts

dell deck has dissappeared and when i try to retrieve it .......i'm instructed to contact you!

3 Posts

August 20th, 2009 16:00

i've tried this several times and it will install but it will not run. boo hoo!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 20th, 2009 22:00

ppatton,

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Make a system restore point. Download and run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility Look for Dell Dock and just click on that one entry. Run it and exit. Restart your computer and then try installing Dell Dock.

Rick

1 Message

June 7th, 2012 12:00

I had to get MSN ot help with a problem and they made my dell dock disappear. I didnt call them back,,,, becasue i thought i could get it back myself

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2012 02:00

JayBee28,

Start, control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders. (Remember to go back and mark don't show hidden files and folders when done)

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell Dock, uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Download Search Everything and install. Open Search Everything. Type Dell Dock. Delete all the folders it finds. Also type Star dock and delete everything it finds.

Download Dell Dock and install.

What happens?

Rick

No Events found!