Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2014 10:00

Command | Update keeps finding same drivers

Running Command | Update v.2.0.0 on my OptiPlex 9020 and it keeps finding the same update over and over. I've installed it but a re-scan using Command | Update keeps finding the same driver. Using System Analysis on Dell.com/Support for my model OptiPlex yields a similar result, though it finds an additional driver that it says needs updating. Installing and re-analyzing results in the same two drivers found.

Here is more specific information

Command | Update Driver Identified as needing an update:

Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer Driver (58.8MB,12/21/2013)

Additional Details

Release ID: GJVHD

Version: A02 (9.5.15.1730)

Dell Support Site System Analysis Result

Intel 8 Series Chipset Device Software Driver

Version 9.4.0.1027, A03

Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer Driver

Version 9.5.15.1730, A02

Downloading and installing the recommended drivers manually does not resolve the issue. Command | Update and the System Analysis still show the above drivers as outdated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

January 12th, 2015 16:00

@Community,

I've spent a few hours in the test lab with an OptiPlex 9020 with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Unfortunately, I've been unable to duplicate the issue.

I asked Mikejpark to upgrade to the below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G1XKX&fileId=3392138944&osCode=W764&productCode=optiplex-9020-desktop&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CS

Once he updated to the above version and ran the scan again, the scan no longer wanted to update the AMT device again. 

I ask that you all try this if you're still having the issue and please let us all know your results.

I welcome you all to post back with any further feedback on this topic.

7 Posts

January 13th, 2015 05:00

Did work for me for the Intel Management Engine. Well played.

Still it continues to detect and fail to update itself, once again I suspect that it comes from a conflict between 32 and 64 bit versions.

1 Message

January 18th, 2015 07:00

I have a Latitude 5440 and I'm facing the same problem described in this topic.

I already tried unistalling/re-installing Dell Command Update but the "intel management engine components installer driver" is always in the list.

I even tried going to http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e5540-laptop/drivers  and install from there but it doesn't go away.

How many times will I have to install this? 

1 Attachment

1 Message

January 23rd, 2015 06:00

Same problem with Latitude E6500 laptops. I enter the service code; two recommended updates are found: Intel video driver and Intel chipset Software Installation Utility. I download and install the updates, but the next time I scan for updates, the same two reappear (whether I re-boot or not).

I am trying to run updates on laptops that are freezing up if left idle for a few minutes as updating drivers was one of the first recommendations I was able to find that might fix the problem, so I cannot continue to troubleshoot that problem until my update problem is solved.

2 Posts

February 19th, 2015 07:00

I should have added that I was using the 64 bit v. 2.0.0.

2 Posts

Encountering the same issue with a few different Latitude models. The old software had the same problem and I was really hopeful that it would be fixed by now. I thought it might be related to my script running the command line version, but the GUI gives the same results. 

7 Posts

Finally, uninstalled Dell Command update and reinstalled x64 version and now all is fine and running smooth.

5.2K Posts

February 19th, 2015 10:00

I find it easier to goto the driver page for your computer and MANUALLY download and install the drivers.

2 Posts

February 19th, 2015 18:00

Using a Latitude E6540 here as well.

Could you post where you found the program version information in the program itself?

Could you also provide a download link? It appears there is only one type of v2.0.0 available, which seems to be 32 bit, based on the fact it installed in Program Files (x86).

I reinstalled using this version, but the three updates (Intel 6235 Wifi Driver [N0WJW], Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer Driver [GJVHD], and Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver [PJXTY]) still appear.

I have tried selecting each one individually. N0WJW and GJVHD are able to download and install successfully, but PJXTY always fails.

I have also tried manually installing N0WJW and GJVHD. Both reported success. PJXTY could not be found on the Dell support website.

I can post installation logs for these drivers (manual or from Dell Command Update) or the Dell Command Update software itself if necessary.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 08:00

An update: the program now only shows two updates upon checking. These are Intel 6235 Wifi Driver [N0WJW], and Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver [PJXTY].

In the Activity Log, however, from when the program ran automatically as scheduled, there is an entry for a failed installation of a driver with an ID of Y8V8V. Inspection of the message reveals it is named Realtek ALC3226 HD Audio Codec Driver. No subsequent check for updates has shown this driver again.

8 Posts

April 9th, 2015 08:00

Similar problem here, Dell OptiPlex 9020. Driver in question is:

Intel USB3.0 xHCI Driver (15/05/2014) 5JFFN

If I try to manually install the package from the dell support website, I do indeed get a failure in the installation process. A pop-up window says that setup has failed, and gives no further information. Only option is to click OK and quit.

Cheers

maTTeo

5.2K Posts

April 9th, 2015 08:00

Same answer. MANUALLY download the needed drivers and install one at a time. Most driver updates are unnecessary. Only update when the update claims to solve a problem you have or the current driver doesn't have all the features you need. 

8 Posts

April 10th, 2015 02:00

Same answer. MANUALLY download the needed drivers and install one at a time. Most driver updates are unnecessary. Only update when the update claims to solve a problem you have or the current driver doesn't have all the features you need. 

This is what I did, as I said in my message. The MANUAL installation failed with a generic failure error.

22 Posts

May 1st, 2015 10:00

I've got the same problem on my E5550.

There are two drivers that Dell Command Update repeatedly wants to install....

Communications_Driver_T8VHX_WN32_6.10.4249.509_A04.EXE
Chipset_Driver_YVGN8_WN_10.0.30.1060_A01.EXE

I've installed them manually, and I've removed and re-installed DCU, but these 2 updates keep coming up. No errors are reported by DCU.

2 Posts

May 1st, 2015 10:00

Scott,  Having the exact same issue with Latitude E6440 (Late 2013).  No USB 3.0 operability now.  Dell Command Update utility returns old versions of drivers when compared against the same in the download drivers support page for the system tag.   Please provide the fix/advise.

No Events found!