Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2011 12:00

DataSafe Local - took a back up, reinstalled the OS, only to find backup not all there?... how to use what is there?

Hi, I only hope that someone can help me with this.

I have used the Dell recovery disks that I made when I bought my XPS Studio pc. This took a back up using DataSafe Local and created the 'Emergency' folder on my desktop. It then reinstalled the OS taking it back to when I first bought the pc.

All's good so far, the pc now works and I can get it started again. So on entering the 'Emergency' folder to restore my files I find 1 .exe file and then lots and lots of the .dbs files (about 120GB worth). When running the .exe I get a message saying 'backup_blah_blahpm.328.dsb is missing and is needed to run this restore' (or something along those lines). The problem is the files don't go up as high as the number of the file that's missing.

So in desparation I 'upgrade' and go from DataSafe Local Basic to Premium on the understanding that I'll then be able to use the 'select what files/folders to restore' option (theory being I can just restore all of the ones that are there and cut my losses on the ones that are missing). So after paying my money I find that option is still greyed out and not available to me...

So the question is, does anyone have any clue how I can get back the backups that are there?

Thanks,

No Responses!
No Events found!