Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

FM

August 3rd, 2005 19:00

Dell Support 3.0

When I started to install Dell Support 3.0 (from support.dell/DSpromo) I got a security warning saying:

"The publisher cannot be verified ... this file does not have a valid digital signature."

Is it safe to go ahead an install it?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 5th, 2005 22:00

Frank-M,

* Do it from here

2 Posts

August 6th, 2005 16:00

I wouldn't - stay away from 3.0; just spent many hours trying to return to the wonderful setup I had 24 hours ago!  Firstly, putting 3.0 on my Inspiron 5100 overnight using Optimum, believe it or not, the download took between 4-5 hours!  I fell asleep, so I don't know how long it actually took.  After installing 3.0 my Optimum was so slow and I couldn't access any simple links within a site - e.g. wanting an up close of a prospective product at the amazon.com site,  It was a nightmare.  Beware, beware!

96 Posts

August 7th, 2005 00:00

I don't know why it was so slow for you. Even though I have a dial-up connection - I connected at only 46.6 bps - it took only about 10 minutes to download. I haven't installed it yet - that is what I am trying to decide - because so many new installation have only caused me trouble.

2 Posts

August 7th, 2005 10:00

I can only tell you what occurred to me.  It's a double-edged sword - you need the security, but it bumps into the existing setup you have and (for me) it turned into trouble - much trouble.  Even last night, after Gilson and I returned to the computer setup I had on August 1, 2005, the darned laptop wouldn't even start up!  Instead of the friendly blue Welcome, there was a maze of funky squares of colors - mostly black - on the screen, and no light tune was being played on the unit as the dark storm approached.  I tuned on the laptop at least five times before it turned on correctly.  Guess what?  It's not going to be turned off anytime soon!  I'm looking forward to the week ahead!  Ha, not!
No Events found!