Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2009 15:00

Dell Support Centre error message?

Hi all,for the last 2 or 3 days I've not been able to access the Dell support centre , it looks like it's going to load but then gives me the following error message -  'content for this program is not yet available. Please close the program and check again later'.  The program won't respond from the Notification Tray so I have to run from the programs list but I keep getting the above error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same result. I'm using dimension 3100 running XP. Any advise would be gratefully received. Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

April 14th, 2009 09:00

Doug Macpherson,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Try the steps below for your operating system to see if that will resolve the issue you are having with Dell Support Center.

To fix this issue, follow the steps given below:

1. Uninstall Dell Support Center.

2. Rename the C:\dell.sdr file. This file is marked hidden.

• Launch Windows File Explorer

• For Vista:

1. Click Organize > Folder and Search > View.

2. Select Show hidden files and folders.

• For XP:

1. Click Tools > Folder Options > View.

2. Select Show hidden files and folders

Note:  
          Dell.sdr should now be visible at the root of C folder (C:\dell.sdr) Rename this file to dell.sdr.txt. If C:\dell.sdr does not exist, skip this step.  

3. For VISTA systems:

• Click Start
    • Select Run and Enter Regedit in Run Box
    • Open Registry
    • Select HKLM from Registry
    • Select Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version
    • From Current version, select Explorer > Shell folders
    • From Shell Folders, select CommonAppdata
    • CommonAppdataValue should be set to C:\ProgramData
    • If the value is not C:\ProgramData, change it to C:\ProgramData

4. Check the regional settings to ensure that a supported locale configuration is chosen.

• For XP:

1. Launch Control Panel > Regional and Language Options

2. Regional and Language Options > Current Formats tab

Note:  
          Ensure that one of the supported values is chosen. See Support Configurations section below for the list of supported configurations.  

• For VISTA:

1. Launch Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change the Country or Region

2. On the Formats tab:

Note:  
          Ensure that one of the supported values is chosen. See Support Configurations section below for the list of supported configurations.  

3. On the Location tab select corresponding country. See Support Configurations section below for the list of supported configurations.

5. Download Dell Support Center from Dell Support Center and reinstall.

6. Launch DSC and go through the set up screens.

7. Leave the system connected to the internet for a minimum 2 hours so that updated content can be downloaded to the system.

8. Rename the dell.sdr (Step2), back to its original name dell.sdr.

April 16th, 2009 14:00

Hi Jesse , thanks for that, it worked perfectly ans the Support cente opens fine now. Cheers!

1 Message

April 20th, 2009 04:00

Hi,

I have a Dimmension E520 and have tried the suggested fix but the Dell Support Center still gives this error message.

"Error ~ Content for the page is not yet available. Please close the program and try again later."

Thanks

Alan

21 Posts

September 3rd, 2009 15:00

one of my friends fixed it .

follow the instructions provided by Jesse above,....execpt for the part "reinstall DSC"

Reinstallation is like this...

Uninstall the current Dell Support center, but dont go by the conventional methods.. try Revo Uninstaller frm www.revouninstaller.com

you may download the portable version or the installer utility,

run it,

select the Dell support center frm the list ,

Choose advanced removal method .

after the basic removal is done- the prog searches for broken links, and old registry entries , and shows them on screen,

select all , Delete , and follow the instructions,

reboot.

install the latest DSC frm support.dell.com .

See if it works .

No Events found!