Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2010 12:00

Fast Access - Sensible Visions -- DELETE IT!

DELETE THIS SOFTWARE!! 

I have never experienced such headache before.  Every day, I mean every single day the software has to "learn" my same face.  So I have to manually log in so that a record can be kept in the "database."  Well guess what?  I have over 200 photos in that "database!"  So when will this software ever learn my face?  I THINK NEVER!

Sometimes sitting in front of the camera like a statue, there is no recognition.  BUT, if I lean a little or even smile, like magic I am in.  Oh and some days it will take wearing a hat to be recognized.  RIDICULOUS!  I thought the software was intelligent, using algorithms and the like.

I understand lighting, exposure differences, and the like.  Even in the most perfect lighting conditions this software has its recognition problems. 

THIS SOFTWARE IS A JOKE!  DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE.  DELETE IT AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME!

211 Posts

April 20th, 2010 08:00

Hello again GE. For those who might not be reading other threads, I work for Sensible Vision - creators of FastAccess. GE and I have been working together on another thread to address his recognition concerns. GE - is there anything else that I can do for you? If so, I'd be happy to continue to work together. Since I haven't heard from you on the other thread recently I'm hoping/assuming that your situation has improved.

For those "just tuning in", we've come to a few conclusions:

• Slight, natural body movement - as GE indicates - is actually helpful! If you sit perfectly still and are not being matched, then there is no benefit to continuing to present the exact same pattern of facial detail to the system over and over again in frame after frame of video.
  • FastAccess is designed to reduce manual logons, but it will never eliminate them. This is a common characteristic of any biometric software that is also highly accurate.
  • There are a few simple techniques that can help with recognition - especially in the early going. Placing your hands on the keyboard and looking calmly at the monitor is a big one. Also making sure that the camera/yourself are positioned in such a way that the green "corners" around your face are there constantly - even while typing your password. This is how the software learns.
  • Overall FastAccess DOES have excellent recognition for as accurate as it is (accuracy and recognition rate are related). I know that this opinion will sound biased coming from me, but I can state quantitatively that in my own office I achieve over 95% recognition under highly variable lighting conditions.

Again, if there's anything else that I can do to help please let me know.

7 Posts

April 20th, 2010 08:00

Hello again service rep guy!  Yes this was my first post after reaching that boiling point. 

Overall FastAccess DOES have excellent recognition for as accurate as it is (accuracy and recognition rate are related). I know that this opinion will sound biased coming from me, but I can state quantitatively that in my own office I achieve over 95% recognition under highly variable lighting conditions.

Now I do not totally agree with your comment.  I still have issues with recognition.  With as many database entries stored of which you were made aware, I was never able to achieve a 95% recognition success rate.  Much much lower, so we will see if we can improve that.  Here is where we are:

• Dell recently posted a FastAccess software download for users of 64 bit systems.  
  • Version is now 2.4.95 (previously 2.4.7 in our previous threads.) 
  • After the update and to this point, I am having to manually log in.  Still no automatic recognition which is probably normal since I performed a clean install.  Previous entries were deleted.  We are going at this with a fresh clean start.

Thus far recorded variations include:

1. Hat / No hat
  2. Glasses / No glasses
  3. Variable lighting conditions (still a problem, the software tends to look for perfect lighting or an exact database match)
  4. Poise positions

I mention poise here because as previously discussed recognition successful if there was a simple change in poise.  Oftentimes, my looking calmly in a still poise proved problematic.  A small shift, move, or even a smile can actually "help" recognition. 

I will keep you abreast my situation and whether there is any progression with the software's "learning" capability.

Thank you for all of your assistance. 

211 Posts

April 20th, 2010 11:00

Thanks for the additional information. As we've discussed several times previously, slight natural movement IS a good thing - you are correct. There is no point in sitting perfectly still. When I suggest to look "calmly" I really just mean to not make faces at or to talk to the camera! You'd be surprised how many people do this and then get frustrated when it slows things down.

If you continue to experience issues, please use any of the available email addresses on our website to send me a message directly. There are diagnostics that I can run you through to get a more detailed idea of what's happening on your computer as from my experiences what you are seeing is quite out of the ordinary. That would be the next logical trouble-shooting step. We would, of course, be happy to share any conclusions back here on the forum.

February 2nd, 2015 21:00

Hi....will you please help me? I have a Dell running Windows 8.1 and I want Sensible Vision OFF MY COMPUTER for good.

I have uninstalled it using the control panel but each time windows updates....it comes back. This week I have uninstalled the software not less than 5 times and it just keeps coming back.

It slows everything down....Will you please help me?

16 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 07:00

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We are the developers of FastAccess, Sensible Vision.  We agree with you, once you uninstall,  FastAccess should not reinstall. 

The reinstallation is due to a Dell program that is automatically reinstalling certain Dell supplied software.   We have notified Dell about this condition and they are looking into it.  In the meantime, our tech support team at Sensible Vision can assist you in reconfiguring Dell's program to no longer download FastAccess.  As we can't provide email address in a post, please visit the SensibleVision website and contact us. 

Finally FastAccess should not be slowing down your machine.  If you wish our tech team will be happy to assist with resolving that issue.

16 Posts

February 26th, 2015 07:00

Hi BrattGuy,

Please contact our support team(support @ sensiblevision.com), for assistance with troubleshooting this camera problem that your having with the FastAccess software.  

We look forward to resolving this matter for you.

Thanks,

Dustin

2 Posts

February 26th, 2015 07:00

Hello and thank you for this access for support with the Fast Access software.  I am having a issue with the software.  I've had my dell Inspiron 7000 since 12.25.2014. 

I was able to enjoy using FastAccess for about 2 weeks on this laptop. then I was asked to do upgrades from both the FastAccess software as well as Dell for unknown software and drivers. After these upgrades the FastAccess software stopped working correctly.

I've tried shutting it off then restarting the laptop as well as adjusting some of the settings, yet the software is not showing me the camera view on the start up screen to make sure my face is in the box.  The camera light goes on but that's it. I'v tried waiting, moving my face back and forth side to side and still nothing happens. I get messages like I did not have my face in the box to be recognized, Fast Access has been disabled, ...  I went into the camera settings and there I was able to see my face and the box. yet still the start screen does not show what the camera is seeing. all I get is the white indicator light to let me know the camera is on.  

The other odd thing I've noticed is when I change settings in the software and restart then go back into settings the changes I had made have been undone sometimes. Also I do not have any other uses for the software on other then to be used for the startup login screen, yet the camera goes on at what seems to be random times while I am logged in and using the computer.  I get a security notice from my security software telling me FastAccess is using my webcam.....

I've just read here about uninstalling the software then reinstalling it. I'd like to try this, but where do I go to get the software again to reinstall it. I have a dell do I go to the dell site to get the software to reinstall it?

any ideas and help is welcomed.

1 Message

September 10th, 2015 14:00

The new Fast Access software is still just as useless 5 years on from this original post. It came pre-installed on my Windows 10 Dell laptop and never ONCE recognised my face, despite "learning" it every single time. Useless waste of time. And before you say it, yes I tried "small natural movements", nothing helps.

I have uninstalled it and really hope it doesn't give me the same problems as above reinstalling itself.

No Events found!