Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2015 14:00

Inspiron 7437 Backup and Recovery Can't Create Factory Image

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7347 from Costco on 11-Jan-2015.  It came with Windows 8.1 and the "Microsoft Signature" package, which seems to be a neat "trialware" free OS installation.  Upon starting up for the first time, I tried to create a factory image with the "My Dell / Backup" application, which downloaded the latest version of Dell Backup and Recovery (did not come installed).  After installing it, the option to create a "Recovery Media" became available.  Once selected, it launched Backup and Recovery.  After selecting "Factory Backup" from the Bootable Backup screen, and then selecting "to USB", the system started to create a "Rescue Disk" instead (as opposed of the Factory Image).  After a 15-20 minutes, the system gave the error "An error occurred while creating the Rescue Disk".  The USB ended up with two partitions and with no Factory Image.

In looking further within B&R, there is a backup of the Factory image under the Recovery area.  This can be restored, however, it see not way of transfering to a bootable USB.   

Any guidance on how to solve this situation?  I think I have to have an external image of the original factory image.

Thanks.

January 14th, 2015 23:00

Hi CCANETTA

I request you to create a recovery disc by following the steps mentioned in the link below. Please let me know if it works so that I can assist you further with it.

http://bit.ly/1KMhWFH

2 Posts

January 24th, 2015 08:00

That's what I've done.  Please read my original post carefully.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 08:00

CCANETTA we had the same problem, including a 'part-time' Y key. As you did, we fortunately bought from Costco.

Instead of dealing with inept Dell employees here, I just took the system back to Costco for a full refund and bought an HP.

No Events found!