Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2011 10:00

Latitude E6420 Fingerprint Software

Hello, i have a Latitude E6420 with a fingerprint reader. unfortunately can use this just for the windows lgon, not for the other programs with password query. Is there an alternative for the dell software or is it just wrong configured?

6 Posts

July 11th, 2011 11:00

Hello and thanks for answering.

Sorry, i don`t understand that.

I can use my fingerprint reader for other devices? what for?

Maybe its my bad english?

I want to use my fingerprint instead of typing passwords with the keyboard.

If this don`t work so why do my laptop has a fingerprint reader?

• 

17K Posts

July 11th, 2011 10:00

R3van,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It will work for other devices but not for other programs.

For each device, you can view the status and additional detailed information, such as the firmware version. The devices which can be managed are the following, depending on which your platform contains:

Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

ControlVault®

Self-Encrypting Drive(s)

Authentication Device Information

6 Posts

July 13th, 2011 01:00

Hello?

• 

17K Posts

July 13th, 2011 10:00

R3van,

I apologize for not getting back to you. I had to get some clarification. It does work with other programs setting this up with those other apps should be a configuration issue within the apps your using.

6 Posts

July 13th, 2011 12:00

Regarding to this thread it is not a configuration issue: forum.notebookreview.com/.../413346-dell-new-fingerprint-reader-owners-must-read-broadcom-ush-issue-effecting-preciosn-m4400-m6400-latitude-e6400-others.html

Just found it today.

And why should i set up the fingerprint reader in programs like webbrowsers or ultravnc or openvpn?

I don`t think that there is at least one option in this programs to set up the fingerprint reader.

1 Message

August 4th, 2011 23:00

Dude, How did you get your fingerprint reader to work in the first place? whats the driver/software you are using?

Mine is not working.

1 Message

August 6th, 2011 14:00

COMPLETELY AGREE ... I spent hours trying to get this to work. E6420 hardware is solid as i have SSD and Win7 64-bit w/ 4GB RAM and an i7 processor. But, the fingerprint swipe will not work for me. I've tried EVERYTHING on the web, under the sun, you name it. I guess I'll be calling Dell,  and then I'll call Wave and lastly Authentec. If none of them can help...i don't know what i'll do. Basically, i finally found an .exe that installed the Wave software and i finally thought i was in business. But, now when i get to point where you swipe your fingerprints and associate each finger with the computer in Embassy Wave software it states that you need to hook up the fingerprint swipe sensor, etc. Device Manager shows that it's an Unknown Device. I do have Broadcom TPM installed as well as every possible Dell Control Vault w/ Fingerprint Swipe Sensor. I can't figure out if UPEK or Authentec is the manufacturer. I did find online that UPEK and Authentec have merged to futher complicate the issue. Anyway, i just bought 35 of these and HAVE to get this working ASAP !?!?! please help someone ... i have looked at trying to add from control panel and hardware and sound, etc. you name it...only like one person has said that they got it to work online that i've seen. but, it's still not working for me....

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 6th, 2011 17:00

I would say download the UPEK Generic Drivers.

Welcome To UPEK - Support - Downloads

November 23rd, 2011 14:00

Hi,

To get your E6420 fingerprint reader to work, you need to download the following drivers/apps/firmware from support.dell.com (make sure you pull down the select OS and either 32 bit or 64 bit versions). Also, before installing these make sure you uninstall any old finger print authentication software such as DCP or older DDPA.

1. If your E5420 OS is NOT Win7, then you need to download and install Dell Data Protection Pre-Requisite package: A01

2. Dell Data Protection Driver package:  A03

3. Security Control Vault Firmware package:  A23

4. Reboot system

5. Dell Data Protection Middleware package:  A03

6. Reboot system

7. Dell Data Protection Application package:  A02

8. Reboot system

Yes, its a pain to go through all these steps. But afterwards your Fingerprint reader should be ready for you to Fingerprint Enroll and then use to login in with your finger for Windows Login and/or Pre-Windows Login.

1 Message

December 21st, 2011 15:00

How do I configure IE9 to work with my Latitude 6420 figerprint reader?

Thanks

September 5th, 2012 15:00

good gop

August 19th, 2013 21:00

I have a Latitude E6420, service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy> 1. I want to use the fingerprint in that .  I have tried to install it but not successful. Can you help me????

my computer imformation : Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i5 - 2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs)

Ram: 4096 MB Ram

Chip: intel (R)  HD Graphics 3000, DAC type: internal

thank alot

August 19th, 2013 22:00

sorry I don't see Dell Control Vault w/ Fingerprint Swipe Sensor or Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor in my device manager

and i don't run fingerprint managerment application. It warning "  fingerprint managerment application has stopped working"

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

Hi lang tu co don 88,

I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Finger print reader driver on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the Dell Control Vault w/ Fingerprint Swipe Sensor under Control Vault device or Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor under other devices and right click on it.
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then re-install the Finger print reader driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the Dell Control Vault Driver from Security section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!