Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 1st, 2006 16:00

McAfee Antivirus & SpamKiller not loading with Outlook 2003

Recently installed McAfee Security Center. Now when Outlook is opened I get warning message "The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee.com\antivirus(or SpamK~1)\vsolplg.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." That exercise requires use of the Office Basic Edition 2003 CD, and in the end advises the file(s) needed to repair the problem is not available. Tried reinstalling McAfee; Microsoft says talk to Dell since software loaded at the factory; can't find anything on Dell site. Any help out there?

1.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2006 20:00

Do you have the Office Basic CD? (It should have been included with your PC) Reinstall Office from the CD, then try the detect and repair.

Let me know if this works.

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2006 18:00

Thanks for the tip 'abach'. I do have the CD. I tried to reinstall and couldn't get past the setup. So I uninstalled and then installed again. It didn't work; I'm still getting the error messages. Thanks again.

Any other suggestions out there?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 11th, 2006 19:00

Spamkiller is very difficult to install & coordinate with Outlook. Use Add/remove programs to uninstall it, & you'll find you can do without it. You cannot just disable it, since it loads anyway. It must be uninstalled. The antivirus works fine and that's all you really need.
No Events found!