Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2011 14:00

Office 2007 install problems on Dell Latitude

HI,

I have been trying for days now to install Office 2007 on a Dell Latitude. It has WIndows 7 on it  & i have run microsoft clen up utility several times but every time i try to install Office 2007, i can enter the product key but aftter that the installation just hangs & nothing happens.

I see elsewhere there are comnpatability problems with Dells & Offoice 2007 but i havent managed to find any soultions for this specific problem

Any ideas ?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 12th, 2011 12:00

SAhould work fine, what version of Office 2007 are you trying to install? Home and Student, Professional, etc?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 12th, 2011 13:00

Yes but Office 2007 what?

• Office 2007 Professional

• Office 2007 Home and Student

• Office 2007 Standard

• Office 2007 Small Business

Cancel your installation. It sounds like your media is corrupt. It sounds like maybe the disc is scratched or the machine isn't quite copying the files correctly when copied to hard drive or USB.

Go here (scroll down to Office 2007) download the appropriate version (of the above) and also the second service pack.Try reinstalling with this media. Once installed install the second service pack.

2 Posts

September 12th, 2011 13:00

Hi,

I have tried again by reformatting the drivetrying to reinstall office 2007.

I now get an error about half way through the n install, where if cant find a file \Acces.en-us\Access.en-us\AcclR.cab  desite the fact that the file is there.

I have tried to install it frmo a CD, USB & also after copying the file to the hard drive.

H E L P !!!!

No Events found!