Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2008 23:00

Removing Google from Part of Computer

My computer is set up with an administrator acount and a user account.  Is there a way to take Google off one account , but leave it on the other one.  I do not like the way Google caches everything:emotion-60:, but I do like its referencing and search ability:emotion-30:.  I want to be able to post on one account without Google caching it and use search engine on the other.  Is that possible?

• 

17K Posts

December 10th, 2008 05:00

SPYDERx13,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Can't you click on view at the top of the browser bar, choose toolbars and remove the google toolbar?

32 Posts

December 11th, 2008 20:00

I didn't see anything for Google, but I just unclicked the Yahoo toolbar.  I think that got rid of it.  I will have to do a web search later to see if my posts are still being cached on the web.  If that didn't work, I will repost here.  Thanks a lot!!!:emotion-59:

32 Posts

December 20th, 2008 04:00

Google is part of my browser.  When my browser opens, it says something like "Google-Windows Internet Explorer".  When I went into my computer to change the browser, I only entered "Windows Internet Explorer", so I don't know how it got there.

I have another browser on my computer, "Mozilla Firefox" and Google is attached to that too. 

I want Google gone yesterday.  I am sick of it's copy-cache function.:emotion-60::emotion-60::emotion-60:

4.6K Posts

December 21st, 2008 09:00

Does Google Desktop not attach itself to browsers?

Is there maybe a Google folder in your start menu/programs folders - with an 'Uninstall' option in it?

Failing that... is there anything Google related in the Add/Remove programs listing?

32 Posts

December 26th, 2008 10:00

I don't see anything that says "Google: in my Start Menu/Programs.  I also don't see anything "Google" in Add/Remove programs. 

I don't understand this.  I had no trouble finding and disabling it on my mom's computer.:emotion-60:

4.6K Posts

December 27th, 2008 03:00

'Search' your whole  system for 'Google' then (Start --> Search --> All files & folders), to see where everything Google related is installed to?

You could also search the registry for Google entries - but remember to backup the registry, before making any changes :emotion-55:

32 Posts

January 1st, 2009 20:00

I found it using the "search" function on all files and folders.  "Google" and "Google News" showed up in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\eAcceleration

What now?  Is that part of the "registry"?

:emotion-42::emotion-36::emotion-42:

This also showed up in my "Hijack This Thread":

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://auto.search.msn.com/response.asp?MT=windows+internet+explorer&srch=3&prov=gogl&utf8
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

No Events found!