Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2008 16:00

Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6

Updated Windows, rebooted, got a window that was trying to install something about Easy CD and DVD Creator. Next window said "Windows trying to configure the program", then a window that said "the feature was on a CD that is not available, insert CD". Tried to close, "error 1706, no valid source". I can't get rid of these windows. I assume the program was installed on the computer when I got it, can't remove it in Add or Remove Programs. Roxio couldn't help, except to offer a complicated way to go into the register and remove/change entries. I don't have a disk with the program.

Anyone know what this is, and how to get rid of the program, I don't use it.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 11th, 2008 06:00

rjgreer,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It appears that you have busted the installer/uninstaller setup. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility available from Microsoft to remove the parts relating to the Roxio software. Be sure to read their instructions before you use it. Click the title below to download the Cleanup Utility and then reinstall Roxio.

Microsoft Cleanup Utility

4.6K Posts

December 12th, 2008 06:00

Was that meant to be a link Jesse - 'coz it isn't?

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility is though (scroll down the page for the actual download link) :emotion-2:

No Events found!