Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2009 11:00

STLog.dll not found - ST Service Scheduling has stopped working. (Dell data safe on line)

I keep getting the above error messages on my new Studio Laptop model no. 1555.

How can this be corrected?

Should I remove the program and re-install, if so where can I download from to re-install?

1 Message

August 21st, 2009 03:00

Hi i have the same machine and problem, it started when i ran the Mcafee clean up tool. I rolled back and it went away. Then i ran Iolo System mechanic and it came back afterwards.

I have since uninstalled the Dell Local back program and it has removed the issue.

Hope this helps.

Calvin

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2009 09:00

Here's what I did to make the error go away on my new Studio 540 desktop with Vista Home 64-bit:

Download the free version of WinPatrol from BillP Studios (any good startup monitor may work - WinPatrol is the one I happen to use).  Check under Startup Programs for 'launcher.exe' from Softthinks and disable it.

The files causing the problem (Launcher.exe, STService.exe) are located on my PC in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Datasafe Local Backup\Components\Scheduler folder.

September 21st, 2009 06:00

Should I remove the program and re-install, if so where can I download from to re-install?

2 Posts

September 30th, 2009 07:00

I have received my new Dell Studio 1555  and get the same errors as described bove STlog.dll not found. How can we solved this problem. I have read a couple of suggestions but never read the final solution, supported by DEll.

Is it possible to disable the Dell Data Safe stuff during startup  or to remove the package on an proper way ? Have you some solutions

September 30th, 2009 10:00

I contacted DELL onn this matter and they logged on to my computer and recommended that I unistall Dell Datasafe from my computer if I wasn't going to use it. I told them I hadn't planned to and they then unistalled it. I have not received the message since. You can just go into Control Panel and select Uninstall application. Then select DELL Data Safe and uninstall it. Then things should work fine.

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2009 03:00

Via the DEll management panel  installatie software ongedaan maken, kun je gewoon Dell Data Safe online uninstalleren. Hierna je Laptop opstarten en het probleem is opgelost.

To solve above problem, you can unstall the software Dell Data Safe Online via the Dell management pannel To uninstall  Sofware. After restarting your Dell , the problem is fixed. You need to realize tthat you cannot use the package Dell Date Safe online. I doesn´t need this package

1 Message

December 25th, 2009 15:00

Unfortunately, the uninstaller doesn't actually uninstall the product--at least it didn't for me.  I called Dell Support a few months ago about this problem, and they said that a software update to Dell DataSafe was coming out that would fix it.  Eventually the promised software update was issued, and it auto-installed, but that didn't fix the problem.  After contacting Dell Support again, and after sitting on chat hold for a couple of hours before getting dropped by the Dell chat service, I figured that Dell doesn't really want to help their customers.  And since the uninstaller doesn't actually work (the only thing the uninstaller seems to do is remove the entry from the Control Panel uninstall list), I finally just renamed the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup directory.  That did the trick.

Too bad if you actually want to use DataSafe.  Instead of paying every year for online backup, I recommend you remove DataSafe any way you can, and buy whatever size USB flash drive will hold all your data.  It's cheaper, faster, and more reliable than DataSafe.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2012 07:00

3 Posts

January 7th, 2012 07:00

Its so rear error.Try to check this stlog.dll article....

1 Message

February 5th, 2013 13:00

hi,

i have an stlog problem and cant seem to fix it, can you help me with this problems.

Thank you.

1 Message

March 26th, 2014 18:00

When I log on, I .get message that the STService is not on.  How do I turn it on or should  I delete and reinstall.  Where do I find it?

April 18th, 2014 20:00

April 18th, 2014 20:00

No Events found!