Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2009 19:00

3400MP, powers on and off

Projector turns off after 15 or so seconds of startup.  The projector lamp turns on and the dell logo displays for 15 or so seconds and roughly 1 second before it turns off, it projects a dialog box. It will shut off much faster if I press the menu button after startup.  It will display the menu for like 1/2 to 1 second before it displays some kind of dialog box that says something about power and fans running for 90 seconds.  It's hard to make out because it turns off so quickly after the box appears. This seems to be the default message that it's powering down and the fans will continue for 90 seconds to cool off the bulb. I removed the lamp and put it back in trying to see if the lamp hours might be the problem and reset the timer, which did not help the problem.  The fans continue to run for aprox a 90 sec after shutdown.  After the 90 sec cool down, the projector begins to startup again.  The dell logo displays for 15 seconds and the process starts over.  Any help would be great!

April 23rd, 2014 09:00

Any luck fixing this?  I'm having the same problem with a Dell 3400MP.

2 Posts

April 24th, 2014 14:00

It was the ground pin on the power cord. I was using a cheater and the projector goes through a startup check...  Once it got to the power portion of the check it would fault and error out.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 16:00

I tried this. In my case, it might have to do with input source not being recognized. After the dell logo displayed for a few seconds, on the lower right of the screen it says "RGB source failed" or similar. Then immediately after that it displays the blue screen message in the grey box and it goes into the cool down for 90 secs.. I don't know how to test this further. Maybe I am using the wrong cable (don't have the original M1 cable anymore)? According to the manual, the projector should go into the "searching for signal" mode automatically when nothing is connected. Not here. Could the firmware  be broken?

No Events found!