Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

October 17th, 2012 22:00

M110 - external speaker

What is the easiest way to hook up an external speaker, or speaker system to the M110.  I love the projector, but the internal speaker is obviously not going to cut it for watching movies. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 17th, 2012 22:00

Hi imacaz,

Dell M110 projector does not have an audio out port and external speakers could not be connected to it. If you are using a laptop or a DVD player to play a movie, you can connect the speakers to the audio out ports on them and reduce the projector speaker volume to zero.

1 Message

January 27th, 2013 19:00

I hook my projector up to my gaming consoles and can never really hear the sounds from the one watt speakers is there any way to hook additional speakers up using other cords?

1 Message

July 18th, 2013 20:00

I have it hooked to up to my laptop, but the laptop speakers turn off when the projector is connected.  I turned off the projector speaker and still no sound from the laptop.  Is there something I'm not doing on the laptop?  If I can't get some type of external audio, I'm going to return the M110.

1 Message

November 15th, 2014 00:00

I'm also trying to connect an external speaker to this wonderful little projector.

According to the material on Dell.com in the Tech Specs for the Dell M110, it says "Audio-Out: 1x 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack".  

I've also read through the User Guide and find this under Specifications Page 55: 

I/O Connectors Power: One DC power jack
VGA input: One 24-pin universal connector
(Black) for analog RGB input signal and
supporting Audio output.
HDMI input: One HDMI connector for
supporting HDMI 1.3. HDCP compliant.
Audio output: One 3.5 mm stereo mini phone
jack.

Can you clarify for me what Audio-Out means in this context in Tech Specs?

Thanks very much !

Judy

1 Message

April 23rd, 2020 04:00

With my laptop in duplicate mode, I get video from the projector and laptop, but cannot get sound from the laptop port. Is there any way to use speakers with the M110?
No Events found!