Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2004 15:00

Progressive Scan

Do any of the Dell projectors support Progressive Scan?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 19th, 2004 16:00

mypoweredge,

Yes. They support both interlaced and progressive. Go to the FAQ and look up the specifications in each User Guide.

May 19th, 2004 19:00

I have read in an early post that the 3200mp does not support progressive scan, is this correct?

May 19th, 2004 20:00

I found the answer in another thread, the projects accept progressive scan but do not utilize progressive scan.  Do any of the dell projects have HDCP with dvi?

35 Posts

May 27th, 2004 18:00

I have the 3200MP and it DOES NOT support progressive scan.  If Dell says it does (which it looks like they are doing) one of two things are happening.  First, Dell is LYING.  Or, second, their definition of "support" is different from Webster's and 99.99% of the rest of the world population.

I have 3 different DVD players that provide progressive scan, if enabled.  I have a PS2 that allows for progressive scan on certain games.  Doing the math, I have 4 devices that provide PS capabilities.  When I turn on PS an all of my devices and run that signal through the 3200MP, my picture is aweful.  I then turn of PS on the DVD player and the picture is just fine.

This shows me that the 3200MP does not support PS.  From my understanding the 3200MP tries to increase the scan rate via its own internal processes, but it does not support PS via the DVD player.

Now...I don't have any complaints with my 3200MP.  My viewing experience has been great...especially the HD capabilities.  But, I don't like the fact that Dell says it will support progressive scan, when in fact, and in all reality it will not.

10 Posts

June 21st, 2004 19:00

I have a 4100MP and it does support progressive scan beautifully at least through the M1-DA port with the component adapter.

None of the Dell Projectors or any other products like their LCD TVs have HDCP compliant DVI inputs. They are not a licencee of HDCP.  I almost returned mine when I figured this out.

12 Posts

July 9th, 2004 19:00

Dear Sir,

Could you please verify if 3300mp support the new Progressive scan functionality, now available in DVD players. If "NO" then which Model does support.

I came to know that Progressive scan will overcome the rainbow effet which is an inherent DLP problem.

Thanks,

Ned

12 Posts

July 9th, 2004 20:00

I like to know that if 3300mp or 4100mp support Progressive scan with their M1-DA to RGB Component cable. If anybody got is working, then please let me know which DVD Make and Model worked. Because my understanding is that Component Connection do not support Progressive scan. While may be it is posible with M1-DA to DVI connection directly.

I am really all confused and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nadeem

10 Posts

July 10th, 2004 03:00

The 4100 supports progressive scan through the M1-DA with component adaptor, the component video inputs and the RGB input with the component adaptor. I do not have anything that will output DVI so I can't  check that. It works with my progressive scan dvd player (Toshiba SD-3750) as well as my Playstation when the game supports progressive scan.

When the projector scans through sources it scans for interlaced and progressive scan signals in each physical input as though they are completely separate physical inputs.

I think that the problem was with the previous year's models of Dell projectors. The picture on my projector with progressive scan sources is excellent.

12 Posts

July 12th, 2004 16:00

Unfortunately, I almost have ordered 3300mp and don't know if I can reverse orer to 4100mp. Do you mean by "previous years models" to probably 3300mp.

Is anybody had 3300mp and confirm that it is OK with Progressive scan.

Thanks

10 Posts

July 12th, 2004 19:00

When I said previous year's models I was referring to the 3200MP. As far as I can tell the 3300MP and the 4100MP differ only in brightness and contrast. So the 3300MP should support progressive scan. However, I can't confirm this.

73 Posts

August 4th, 2004 22:00

I have tried playing with settings last night on my dell 3300MP, here is my take on it

1)Turn the projector on.

2) Turn the dvd player on, dont put dvd in the disc tray.

3) Turn progressive switch on dvd player remote. The auto source will find the component-P input.

4) Now insert the dvd in the player and after loading, play the dvd

5) Wow, you will see component-P when you choose menu, you can see the input type

6) Colors look very sharp than, finally Sea and sky is blue and grass is green, pic looks very sharp also, you might need to adjust brightness a bit to make it look not very dark, and trust me the pic does not look green at all.

No Events found!