Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

August 10th, 2019 11:00

DELL R440 Rails too long

Hi All,

I've got an R440 serversetup task, and i was given the rack and the server with rails, however no matter how hard i try - theres a piece of rail staying in the back of the rack , which prevents from closing the back door.

The rail has name "King Slide" Type A11 .

Can anyone suggest - is it just wrong type of rails to use with this rack, or I'm doing something wrong ?

Here's the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvez54ft9vgw3m0/2019-08-10%2018.20.47.mp4?dl=0

Thanks in advance !

PS - Service info says RAILS are:

770-BCJI : ReadyRails Sliding Rails Witho ut Cable Management Arm
8Y3D7
KIT, RACK RAIL, 1U, SLIDE, KING SLIDE WORKS LTD, COMBO, SHORT

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

August 12th, 2019 07:00

I'm showing that part as compatible with the R440. I'm linking to the rail installation PDF. Hopefully, it's of some use. https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r440_setup-guide2_en-us.pdf

September 17th, 2020 07:00

Facing the same issue, even the site engineer could not fix the issue.  Kindly advise what has to be done.  I need some help in getting to the right person who designs rackrail/servers. Below is the issue in detail. the customer has taken 9 R440 and 2 R740 servers We are facing issues with fitting the R440. Of the 9, 7 are with 2.5” HDD ( we have no issues here) 2 are with 3.5” HDD. We are facing an issue with fitting the 2 servers with 3.5” HDD. All the R440s have gone with the same Rail Kits. 8Y3D7 We got an Engg and came to know that the notch on the Chassis is behind in these servers, because of the gap where the notch starts the rail kit is touching the PDU behind in such a way that there may be a short Circuit.

2 Posts

September 17th, 2020 08:00

This is very sad, however in my case -i ended up adding WOODEN board fixed on rails, and setting server on the wooden plate. This the most weird installation i had, but we found no other way , and client accepted this as a solution as we had to start the server ASAP.

September 17th, 2020 21:00

Ohhh !!!! this is really bad from a company like Dell. We trust them blindly and this is what happens. You are lucky the customer agreed for the wooden plank ... The customer has taken 7 more units and they have not unboxed it yet. I am worried about all the servers as they are all with 3.5" HDD ... I hope someone from Dell reads this and helps us. ...@Dell-DylanJ 

No Events found!