Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 23rd, 2018 09:00

Device driver is missing when to install Windows Server 2008 R2 on PE 2850

Hello,

I am re-purposing an old PE 2850 and I managed to get server 2008 r2 installed (oh hooray for me). However, in device manager there are four drivers missing, Infiniband Controller, PCI device, PCI serial controller, and RAID controller.  I found what might be a Infiniband driver, but it fails to load saying it needs a specific Windows update.  Odd thing there is when I tried to load that particular KB it says it's already installed.. yet I don't see int he update history.  I have found no chipset drivers for server 2008 r2 on the pe 2850 to try and address the missing PCI drivers. Lastly, the server actually lists the two PERC cards ( one 4 one 5) in the device manager list!  However,  it only sees the Perc 5 in Dell Open Manglement. Driver searches beyond that have turned up nothing.  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• 

6.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 14:00

Hello

I would check the system to see what hardware devices are attached. I show that 2008R2 is a supported OS on the 2850, but there may be installed hardware that is not supported. If a driver is not listed on the support page of the server for a supported operating system then it uses the native driver in the OS.

https://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

January 31st, 2018 13:00

Hello,

Long story short, I am trying to get some life our of an older PE2850 and I have 2008 r2 installed however I have two issues.  First, there are 3 PCI devices that are missing drivers in Device Manager. I've tried a zillion things, but no luck,  one says 'Infiniband Controller', another just 'PCI Device', a third says 'PCI Serial Port'.  Funny thing is the server has just the on-board PERC4 and a PERC5 in the slot (connected to an MD1000) and both of those show up just fine (though the second issue is that the PERC4 does not show up in OpenMange...  grrrr..., but the PERC 5 does). The serial port also shows up fine as COM1.  

Again, tried a zillion things but I noticed that all the device property hardware IDs start with PCI\VEN_15BC&DEV_2530... etc . From what I can tell and from what I see in OpenManage, that vendor is 'Agilent Technologies'. So.. I have found no help searching for drivers for anything like that.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

No Events found!