Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2020 14:00

R520 Power-Edge BSOD on boot during Windows Server 2008 R2 Installazione

Hello, 

I have a Dell ist H3ll Power-Edge R520 that I want to squeeze Windows Server 2008 on. As it has 44G.B. of Ram, and standard edition of Windows only takes 32, I went for "DataCentre Edition" supporting up to 2TB of RAM. But after first restart during install, it instantly threw a BSOD and restarted.

It wouldn't even start at all in UEFI boot mode, except if picking the device (P.E.R.C. Controller) manually. In BIOS mode it succeds to boot automaticaly, but still threws BSOD and restarts. The Mode is set to AHCI boot, should i use ATA or RAID instead or what could Problem be?

Thank you buddies, 

///Ahrlœ

23 Posts

August 12th, 2020 01:00

2l82Edit ,, it was just that i used Bios not uefi . trying to Instål again and Lets see what the **** happens

(this time using LCC instd. off direct usb instal)

Edit. 3. It Worked now. I did not install windows from Lcc , that was the problem . ty for very nice and help

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 10th, 2020 22:00

No, use AHCI. If you want to run it in UEFI mode, then you must install Windows in UEFI mode. Otherwise, you will leave it in BIOS mode (you don't need UEFI mode). You likely need drivers to install Server 2008. WHY 2008?! Run it as a VM, not directly on the hardware - install Server 2019 instead.

23 Posts

August 11th, 2020 00:00

yest i Can run in U.E.F.I, but then it just Bsodded and i really cant figure why... because this Happens during installation of server ,, i cant even see the Code because it restart automatically  

I really Like win2008 , havent tried it but it looks very Good, wanted 2003 first which is enough for the P.S. 6K SAN. i Despise the metro UL in 2012, 16, and 19 (it Run 19 trial atm) , i wanna get as far away from it as possible

23 Posts

August 11th, 2020 07:00

I gues this entire thing has something to do W/ OS deploeyment in LCC . so i go in there and Picc Server 2008 R2 as i have . And it keeps just saying no media. tried two Different version , one drownloaded from help page, the faq .. also tried putting the iso without Extrecting on disk. but i cant get any further...

edit. Machine is bought 2nd Hand so i have no Install disk provided . ;/(

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 11th, 2020 08:00

You MUST have your own Server 2008 installation media ... LCC does NOT contain the Windows installation files. You likely aren't creating the installation media correctly.

Like the metro UI or hate it, it doesn't matter - YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT! You can change it. The fact you are still calling it "metro ui" probably means you hated Windows 8 and are stuck there - even the Start Menu has changed a lot through the versions. 2003 and 2008 are end of life and OBSOLETE! 

You are blue screening for lack of drivers. At what point does it blue screen? Server 2008 does not support UEFI either (You need 2008 R2 for UEFI, but you must do some parts manually.) You also do NOT have to use UEFI - install in BIOS mode would be easier and adequate for running the out-of-date OS that you want to run.  Why do you think you need to run in UEFI? Again, you should be running 2008 in a VM, if you think you have to run it at all.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 11th, 2020 09:00

2003/2008 was a good OS 15 years ago, but not only are they insecure but they won't run on most modern hardware - what is the point of running them if they can't utilize the latest/greatest features of computers today?

Install Classic Shell ... it will get you an old-fashioned Start Menu. Or just switch the theme to something old-school.

Rufus doesn't always work. Try something else (like diskpart / xcopy). What the heck is "extra quality"?

Turn off UEFI and prepare a bootable USB without RUFUS. Don't use LCC in any way - boot directly to a properly formatted USB.

Better idea? Just install it on an old Core 2 Duo system - it will run better.

23 Posts

August 11th, 2020 09:00

yes i know, , i have U.S.B With windows ,, but still Even with Rufus + extra qualitµ Iso it Does not work .

yes Butt you cant change to Vista Ul. i wWant that ,, looks much better+  taking less Resoruce. already have losedows 10 on Home pc and i get Sicc of the confusion ugly Ul

Please dont Talk  about 03/08 window. its very good operating sysem. i only used server -03 before , and i love it . would have run nt 4 if Equal-Notlogic PS6000 didnt require 2k3 Or newer. kinda  , even M.S. DOS also has file mananger / sync capabilitée...

it Bsod after first restart when installing , ie when Files are copied off USB to H.D.D. . But i did not use Lcc , i just put on Usb On rufus. i also have r2 , but Lcc now say No media , it    i want my old os which is Awesome looking  

23 Posts

August 11th, 2020 16:00

it Beacuse server ist 2012  Model and isnt from today . I dont want unnecesary bloat , just as efficient as possible & good looking ul. as Sayd it is Only file storage , so even PC 8-DOS dos job propperly ,

i didd Clasic chell on statinery pc , it just crash all time and i had to reinstall

yes its Highest quality poss. + Little Extra . i very much Believe in the peeple making this Iso. its not Unmodified quality like the one on pirates ba¥. 

yes i have some 6 core ,, it says intel xenon , i dont know how old is, but i think it will run very fine

23 Posts

August 12th, 2020 01:00

O.K So we getting somewher. A "friend" brought Up a HP O.E.M. Window Server 2k8 That the server did regonice.

the problem now is,

- if i use GPT in rufus, server see usb memory but wont boot from it (you have to use Mbr it says when booting)

- if i use MBR , LCC will say "no media"

it not Possible one never reinstall windows on this type of apparature ?

No Events found!