Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2016 19:00

Adding new replication sets to an existing consistency group

Hi All,

I am not sure of the following:

Do I need to configure additional Journal Volumes for the new replication sets within an existing consistency group that already has had replication sets and journal volumes in it for quite a while? Will the newly added replication sets be using the journal volumes that are already added to the CG?

Appreciate your input.

33 Posts

April 18th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

No you don't have to add journal with Rset in an existing CG. But if you add some new Rset in a CG you need more journal space because maybe you have more activities (write) and if you need to retain some hours or days, you'll need to growth journal volume.

regards.

Pascal

April 19th, 2016 04:00

Thank you, but I do not quite get your answer. Do you mean that I will only need to add the journal volumes, when adding new replication sets, if the change rate of replicated data is growing? otherwise the new replication sets that I will add will use the existing journal volumes, won't they?

1.1K Posts

April 19th, 2016 04:00

Exactly.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection and Availability Solutions

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169 44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

E-mail: richard.forshaw@emc.com

Twitter: @rw4shaw

January 21st, 2019 01:00

hello ,

Currently I have a journal volume of 30 GB running with 2 replication set.  Soon I will need to add a vm with 1.5 TB size for replication.  If I add additional journal of 150GB ,

1. When adding new journal volumes is the size should be same with existing or can i add any size volume. (Here current volume is 30Gb and i'm going to add 150GB volume as additional journal)

2.If I add additional journal volume , is the journal usage balanced in both volumes ?

Thanks.

No Events found!