Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2015 07:00

Background lun migration on Recoverpoint jornal luns

Hi all,

Quick question, would there be any problem with doing background lun migration on Recoverpoint journal luns?

Thanks,

Ed

286 Posts

if you are talking of doing a VNX lun migration on a RP journal the answer is it works fine and has been done before

522 Posts

Hi Ed,

This is OK and is supported. Should work just fine.

-Keith

214 Posts

February 9th, 2015 10:00

You got in their first so you get the 'correct answer'!

I wanted to check as I came a cropper with Mirrorview RLP luns which can't be migrated.

April 24th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

I have to migrat the LUN from the storage pool to other storage pool for change the disques to other type

Could you confirm me if i can migrat the repository volum without impact from the storage pool to other storage pool ?

best regards

Thank you for your response

Hi ,

I have to migrat the LUN from the storage pool to other storage pool for change the disques to other type

Could you confirm me if i can migrat the repository volum without impact from the storage pool to other storage pool ?

best regards

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

Sure, you can do that.  It's very small, won't take long.

April 24th, 2015 10:00

It's easy and quick. these are private Luna but from a recover point appliance perspective, which is like an external host to a vnx array.

so no comparison between rlp Luns and journals. Appreciate your attitude to double check any tas. Keep it up

214 Posts

April 26th, 2015 15:00

One thing I know about EMC, don't assume anything...

1.1K Posts

April 27th, 2015 01:00

My advice in this instance would be not to make any RP config changes during the period of the migration.

Regards,

Rich

1.1K Posts

April 27th, 2015 03:00

The comment was made in relation to RP specifically and is cautionary on the basis that if a config change is attempted during the migration of the repository it may fail or you may get a settings conflict warning.

Rich Forshaw

Consultant CSE for RecoverPoint

Forshr,

I would like to agree and disagree with you at the same time.

Agree with you, in case you're running an environment with your system utilization over 90% all the time. In such environments, there is no additional cushion for the background migrations to happen.

Disagree, because 90% of the environments will not fall in the above category.

So edhoward1, please check your environment and take your call, we trust you with this.

Good point to note, however the user raised a case for migration of the journal luns and not the repository.

1.1K Posts

April 27th, 2015 05:00

Journals migration is fine using array LUN migration but the question was also asked about the repository, see comment 4.

May 4th, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

I opened a chat with support EMC , and i had the confirmation that the migration repository volume does not supported using the LUN migration . We have to migrate the LUN  like a new  install recoverpoint with new storage

best regards

No Events found!