IvarHome
1 Copper

Cluster install error - shared storage

I have 2 ESXi put into cluster, installed vRPA-s to both, set up vmkernel adapters with own VLAN, booted up both and when I start installing cluster in vRPA management web, then pre check shows error about valid repository candidates: "Could not find a shared datastore on the ESXi cluster - vRPA Cluster." .......I have Qnap iSCSI target with cluster access ready, I can access this iSCSI target from bath ESXi initiator.  BUT...How I can make shared datastore

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Cluster install error - shared storage

Hello IvarHome,

I would check to make sure that you are following the steps in the Deployment guide to make sure you are not missing any steps. Installing VRPA clusters is found on page 29, here is the link to the guide. https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu89970.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
IvarHome
1 Copper

Yes, I read this already. Do I need to make some NFS shared datastore? What shared datastore it need? .....And how to uninstall splitters from ESXi-s and vCenter plug-ins. First time I successfully installed it, but with only one ESXi. Now I try to install with 2 ESXi. First installation with one ESXi cluster installed and worked. But through management it wasnt allowed to uninstall it. Shows - "You cannot uninstall a cluster if only one cluster exists.". And then I just deleted those vRPA vm-s. But now I cant uninstall and also install cluster.  

0 Kudos
IvarHome
1 Copper

Ok, I made NFS shared storage and install goes step forward.

0 Kudos
Idan
2 Iron

Hi there,

Make sure to follow the installation instructions in the RP4VMs Installation and Deployment Guide. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Btw, this document also includes instruction on the various maintenance operations as well as Uninstall.

Hope that helps,

Idan

Idan Kentor
Product Engineer - RecoverPoint and RecoverPoint for VMs
@IdanKentor
idan.kentor@emc.com
0 Kudos