Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2011 15:00

Deleting snapshots in RecoverPoint

Does anyone know if it's possible to delete snapshots in RecoverPoint via either the CLI or GUI? If so, how?

45 Posts

February 16th, 2011 10:00

Not directly, you should use snapshot consolidation to eliminate snapshots that you don't want to retain and have them consolidated into a daily, weekly or monthly recovery point.

Gary

8 Posts

February 16th, 2011 14:00

Thanks for your reply Gary.

I am aware of snapshot consolidation however this is not suitable for the situation. I'm basically wanting to find out if there is any possible way to delete snapshots manually. The reason for this is that the application is quiesced by RM and bookmarked in RP, which occurs every hour. When you fail over using VMware SRM, the last snapshot is used, which may not be the RM bookmarked or application consistent image.

If I can manually delete the snapshots, I will add this into the runbook before the failover is actioned in SRM.

117 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 18:00

Mick,

There is no way to do what you want, we are working with vmware to make it possible to pick the bookmark you want to failover to.

In addtion outside of SRM use you can always pick any point and time and place the CG in image access mode.

-rick

No Events found!