Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2016 14:00

Failed to retrieve datastores:, Bad Request ,could not create proxy for rpa RPA

I am trying to install RP4VMs 4.3 SP1 P1.  I have two RPAs installed and as I go through the deployment wizard I get this message:

Failed to retrieve datastores:, Bad Request ,could not create proxy for rpa RPA(ip=10.10.10.195, alternativeIPs=[], cred=Credentials(user=boxmgmt), number=-1, siteName=null) could not create proxy for rpa RPA(ip=10.10.10.197, alternativeIPs=[], cred=Credentials(user=boxmgmt), number=-1, siteName=null)

This is when it's looking for the datastores for the repository. 

All the Pre-deployment Validation checks pass.

I've searched the community and have found at least two people with the same issue but no resolution.

Thanks in advance.

1.1K Posts

I forgot to add that this may be related to the VC IP address, user details or rui certificate. If you send me the json file from the export option in Deployer I will review it.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection and Availability Solutions

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: +44 (0) 7730 781169

E-mail: richard.forshaw@emc.com

Twitter: @rw4shaw

EMC Europe Limited

Registered in England with Company No. 00990752 Registered office address: Level 1, Exchange House, Primrose Street, London C2A 2EG

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please delete it and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

60 Posts

OK, doing that now.  The second RPA was deployed from the OVA just like the first one.

1.1K Posts

Let's try a couple of basic things before we have to delve deeper.

Firstly, shutdown and restart the vRPA that you are using to run Deployer and then rerun Deployer using the same vRPA IP address. Secondly, re-run the Deployer using the other vRPA.

Was the other vRPA cloned from the vRPA deployed via the OVF?

60 Posts

Failed again on both RPAs.  I've emailed json to you.

1.1K Posts

OK, cool.

Rich Forshaw

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: +44 (0) 7730 781169

EMC Europe Limited

Registered in England with Company No. 00990752 Registered office address: Level 1, Exchange House, Primrose Street, London C2A 2EG

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please delete it and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 14th, 2016 13:00

I am having the same issue deploying RP4VM.  Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks.

60 Posts

July 14th, 2016 14:00

I have not.  I haven't been able to look at it this week yet.  Sorry.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2016 09:00

Hmm. We are in the same boat. Sounds like we do not have a resolution yet. Is there no log file to see where the issue is reported from - or where it is trying to get the repository device from?

I have tried rebooting the vrpa's and redeploy. .

675 Posts

July 30th, 2016 11:00

There is, you can run log collection from boxmgmt (even if in this case the vRPAs are detached) on both vRPAs.

If both vRPAs were available and accessible during deployment, please send me a link to the log ollection archives so I'll be able to further look into your specific issue.

Regards,

Idan Kentor

Idan.kentor@emc.com

2 Posts

July 30th, 2016 14:00

How do I run log collection archives?

Sent from my iPhone

675 Posts

August 1st, 2016 06:00

Hi there,

SSH to each vRPA with user boxmgmt, navigate to [3] Diagnostics -> [4] Collect system information.

Thanks,

Idan Kentor

idan.kentor@emc.com

August 4th, 2016 05:00

When you get to the connectivity settings step, are you using the "temporary" IPs you assigned when you deployed the OVA? Or some other IP. To me its not clear in the documentation, but the LAN IPv4 fields should be the IPs used during OVA deployment.

vrpa.png

1.1K Posts

August 4th, 2016 09:00

This is really no different than a pRPA. The ova deployment flow allows a temporary IP address to be set and then the DGUI (Deployer) install process allows the permanent IP address to be set. They don't have to be the same. The gateway is the important part in the event that the IP address set as part of the DGUI flow is different from the temp one.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169 44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

August 4th, 2016 16:00

Updating the OVA properties might be useful as well if that is in fact the permanent IP ultimately.

Hopefully this is what others were running into so they can get deployed. Install after that worked for me as expected.

Thanks

1.1K Posts

August 4th, 2016 16:00

Correction, the temp LAN IP addressing has to be the permanent LAN IP addressing. We will make this clearer in the I&D Guide.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: 44 (0) 7730 781169 44%20(0)%207730%20781169>

No Events found!