Highlighted
2 Bronze

Recover Point for VM license to migrate from external Cluster into VxRail.

Jump to solution

Hello,

My customer acquired a VxRail with the RP4VM license for all its VxRail sockets. 

Can this licenses be used to migrate from an external ESXi cluster into the VxRail cluster?

Would this work in the following escenarios:

a) One shared vCenter for vSphere and VxRail cluster.

b) Each cluster has its own vCenter.

I would think that if there are 2 vCenters, there will be 2 RP4VM clusters and the license could be temporarily split. (directly by licensing team?)

And if there is one vCenter server the license would be temporarily consumed by the non VxRail cluster hosts.

But I can't find any documentation to support this assumptions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Re: Recover Point for VM license to migrate from external Cluster into VxRail.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Licenses that were retrieved as part of the VxRail starter pack must be used by VxRail. This is more of a business requirement and not a technical RPVM restriction.

You can workaround using builtin unlimited trial (no official Dell EMC support) or using an EVAL license which can be requested via your Dell EMC account team.

Hope that helps,

Idan

Idan Kentor
Product Engineer - RecoverPoint and RecoverPoint for VMs
@IdanKentor
idan.kentor@dell.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Re: Recover Point for VM license to migrate from external Cluster into VxRail.

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Licenses that were retrieved as part of the VxRail starter pack must be used by VxRail. This is more of a business requirement and not a technical RPVM restriction.

You can workaround using builtin unlimited trial (no official Dell EMC support) or using an EVAL license which can be requested via your Dell EMC account team.

Hope that helps,

Idan

Idan Kentor
Product Engineer - RecoverPoint and RecoverPoint for VMs
@IdanKentor
idan.kentor@dell.com

View solution in original post