Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

November 21st, 2018 16:00

RecoverPoint Licenses

I currently have RecoverPoint running between two sites A & B, with each site using CRR. Site A is relocating to a new data centre, so as an interim solution I need to maintain replication between sites A & B, plus setup a secondary copy from site B to the new site "C".

I currently have permanent SE licenses deployed, but do I need additional licenses for site B as I what to replicate data from B to both A & C as a temp migration solution.

675 Posts

November 22nd, 2018 01:00

Hi there,

Yes, you'll need an EX or CL license as SE is limited to 2 clusters and one array per cluster.

Also, if the installation type is SE (when there are VNX arrays), then conversion using Deployment Manager to RP classic would be required before the license is changed.

Hope that helps,

Idan Kentor

Sr. Principal Product Technology Engineer - RecoverPoint and RecoverPoint for VMs

@IdanKentor

idan.kentor@emc.com

1.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2018 01:00

Take a look at the Mid-Range Array Refresh with RecoverPoint doc on Dell EMC Online Support.

Rgds,

Rich

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2018 14:00

Hi Idan,

Thanks for the clarification on the license question. You pointed out that I would need to convert the SE to RP Classic, is there any issue leaving sites B&C as RP Classic once the migration has been completed or do I need to run a process to convert back to SE.

Thanks

1.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2018 02:00

The Converter Wizard converts all clusters to full RP. You can have a mix of RP/SE and RP clusters in a system. Note that this has nothing to do with licensing. I would advise that you are at the top of either 4.4.x, 5.0.x or 5.1.x versions before converting from RP/SE to RP.

This is all laid out in the doc that mentioned.

Regards,

Rich

No Events found!