Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2016 10:00

RecoverPoint & XtremIO

We are looking at RecoverPoint and XtremIO.  We are presently using RecoverPoint between 2 VNX2s.  We are looking at adding a third appliance at each site, upgrading the license to EX and replicating the XtremIO to the VNX2 at our DR site.  I have been having a debate that turned into a lunch bet with my co-worker.  He is saying we can get the same snapshot granularity (almost synchronous) with XtremIO that we are getting with our present setup (VNX2s).  I am saying we can only get the granularity down to 1 minute due to snapshots.  Then I think I remember the salesman saying one minute is not recommended but minimum should be 5 minutes.  Anyway, there is a free lunch for the person who's right.  Any input on XtremIO and RecoverPoint will be appreciated.

1.1K Posts

May 10th, 2016 10:00

The minimum periodic interval for SBR with XtremIO is 1 minute, however the continuous option could feasibly be as low as 30 seconds but this is dependent on the level of delta changes (LoR) on the XtremIO array between snapshot cycles, the speed of the read of the new write data (change deltas) and the WAN bandwidth.

Regards,

Rich Forshaw

Consultant Corporate Systems Engineer - RecoverPoint & VPLEX (EMEA)

Data Protection and Availability Solutions

EMC Europe Limited

Mobile: +44 (0) 7730 781169

E-mail: richard.forshaw@emc.com

Twitter: @rw4shaw

EMC Europe Limited

Registered in England with Company No. 00990752 Registered office address: Level 1, Exchange House, Primrose Street, London C2A 2EG

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received the e-mail in error; please delete it and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

1.1K Posts

July 7th, 2016 06:00

We work the Tech Writers to author these TNs but we also produce Whitepapers and the RP/XtremIO WP is another valuable resource.

Regards,

Rich

July 7th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

I am mentioning the XtremIO and RecoverPoint Technical Notes link,
i  hope you can get answers for all of your questions for there

Best of Luck

https://support.emc.com/docu59769_RecoverPoint-Deploying-with-XtremIO-TNs.pdf?language=en_US

No Events found!