Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2013 19:00

Splitter Communication Error

I am getting splitter communication error from my RPA cluster :

ERROR: Splitter VNX-CS0-A has experienced an error in communication. See the Splitter communication error that has been issued to your event logs for the trigger, system behavior and required user action. WARNING: To ensure data integrity, it is highly recommended that you do not fail over to any snapshots that have been created in the past five minutes. A full sweep or initialization may follow.
ERROR: Splitter VNX-CS0-B has experienced an error in communication. See the Splitter communication error that has been issued to your event logs for the trigger, system behavior and required user action. WARNING: To ensure data integrity, it is highly recommended that you do not fail over to any snapshots that have been created in the past five minutes. A full sweep or initialization may follow.

Can you please give me some clues on where to look at to identify this error and fix it hopefully?

Thank you.

December 4th, 2013 00:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "RecoverPoint".

RecoverPoint

16 Posts

December 4th, 2013 08:00

thanks Chris !  I just moved it. I just realized it wasn't at the recoverpoint forum.

1.1K Posts

December 6th, 2013 13:00

I would check if there is no storage port conflict with MirrorView. If necessary remove the MV enabler if it is enabled. I would also consider rebooting the SPs. Moving to a target version of the OE 32 or 33 code could also help. There is a OE code version with a specific splitter related issue.

In summary there are many potential reasons for this type of error. An SR is the best way forward.

32 Posts

December 20th, 2013 09:00

danielsalud, did you figure out what you had to do in order to get it working?

I had a new install of RP 4.0 and had the Splitter show up as uncontrollable. Created an SR and email from the Eng said to reboot each RPA and if that didn't correct it that removing and re-adding the splitter should do it. I rebooted the RPA's, that didn't do it and I've removed the Splitter, but don't see a way to add it back.

Anyway, was curious of the steps you might have taken to correct your issue.

Thanks,

No Events found!