Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2012 16:00

One Application Set Fail

Hi,

After several months using RM,

One of our application set defined in RM fails with error message:

2012. 2. 17 AM 2:06:56 erpnbk 000006 ERROR: read has failed with error number 10,054 as follows:An Existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host

2012. 2. 17 AM 2:06:56 erpnbk 000138 ERROR: Failed to connect to host lm-ewfdb. Check your network and firewall configurations and make sure Replication Manager Client (irccd) service is running on the host on port 6,542.

In our application sets there are two application set. One is working fine. The client is set to be in cluster. I have tried several solutions provided along with the software includes doing fail over for the cluster. But it still does not work.

Is there any suggestion for this problem?

1K Posts

February 17th, 2012 05:00

Do both of the application sets you were refering to belong to server "lm-ewfdb?" Is this an active/passive Microsoft cluster? Did you add the virtual cluster hostname into RM?

7 Posts

February 20th, 2012 18:00

Yes it is an active/passive Microsoft Cluster.

The two application sets are referering to different server.

Actually everything was going fine untill last two weeks. Then, one application set fails but one is still OK. So I think there is no problem with the RM setting (since nothing is changed since it was working fine). I think the problem is with the Host, but I don't know what. I have checked the RM client running on Host (irccd), it's working fine on the correct port.

So is there any thing in the Host that may cause this problem?

1K Posts

February 20th, 2012 18:00

Which host did you add in replication manager? In a two node cluster, you have the active node, passive node and the virtual node. Which one is added to RM? Provide all three names of the hosts as well so that it's easier to interpret the error message.

7 Posts

February 21st, 2012 20:00

I am sorry I am quite new on this field,

As I know for clustering we have

1. lm-ewfdb as active

2. lm-odc as passive

The lm-ewfdb is added to the RM. And erpnbk is the host name of which the RM is installed.

Thank you,

1K Posts

February 22nd, 2012 10:00

erpnbk, is that the virtual host name of the cluster?

7 Posts

February 26th, 2012 22:00

I want to clarify my previous information. After examining again below the information about the cluster.

1. lm-ewfdb is the virtual host name and has been added to RM

2. lm-ewf-bd1 is the active host

3. lm-ewf-bd2 is the passive host.

And the erpnbk is the host name where we installed the RM.

Thank you for your help in advance,

No Events found!