Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2012 04:00

Oracle RAC 11gR2 and Replication Manager and RecoverPoint

Hi all,

After some advice about how to set this up in RM.

Basically the docs state do not use the scan IP address (which is the cluster address I think) and use the host specific addresses.

My question is I have a two node cluster so on which host do I create the application set or doesn't it matter?

I'm trying to understand that if I create the application set on one host and this crashes or is offline for some reason will RM be able to work this out and run the job on the other host.

Also I have boot from SAN and Oracle binaries on seperate LUNs for each host in cluster. How are people configuring this for RecoverPoint consistency groups.

My thinking is create one CG group for the oracle ASM database LUNs, one CG group for host 1 containing san boot lun and oracle binary LU\N and another CG group for host 2 containing san boot LUN and oracle binaries LUN. Then maybe combine all three CG groups into a Combined Group set although this might be an overkill.

Then in RM create a seperate application set for each host for the SAN Boot LUN and the Oracle Binaries.

Would be interested on how others have configure this.

Regards

Ian

2 Posts

July 4th, 2012 05:00

Configure on the Virtual IP of the cluster for RM application sets....by this RM will communicate with the active node only.

For RecoverPoint....you can configure 1 CG for the Boot group LUNS [C, D and E ] and another CG for all the shared drives containing "DBs" and a third CG for shared drves containing "Records". Finally as you mentioned, create a combined groupset so that RP issues a consistent bookmark and tags it to all the CGs in it.

214 Posts

July 11th, 2012 02:00

Tried the combined group set but it won't allow it as we have snapshot consolidation on each individual group and this isn't allowed.

No Events found!