Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2014 21:00

ESRS Device missing alarm

Hi folks,

This is a new ESRS install. initially it was working after a day found device is missing in the service link and below is the error message..

Server error (Error indicates a problem in communication with the server.):

Unknown host (The server hostname could not be resolved. Check that DNS server is available.)

Enterprise server: https://esrs-core.emc.com/eMessage

Found the services is not running (HTTPS Listener, FTP , SMTP) when i tried to restart it starting and then stopping.

1. we dont have policy manager set

2. No complex password is set.

3. from the gateway machine i can reach the Vmax frame.
4. No proxy is set.

5. initially it worked and we have configured a cluster, 2 gateway as primary and secondary for ESRS.

Suggest me to resolve this issue, we dont have a local field team here, i am EMC partner who is working on this installation.

56 Posts

March 14th, 2014 05:00

Paul besides the standard device troubleshooting as outlined in KB emc291597, have you checked and troubleshoot  customers DNS? , checkthe master list emc266337 for other srticles.

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

March 16th, 2014 22:00

Hi,
i able to generate the test dial home and it is success in connect emc and i receive the xml file in the incoming directory (Gateway server)..

EMC Engineer can dial in to the frame. However the dial home is not reaching to the emc....

Also the connection shows conected, PFB screenshot..

please advice

ESRS.JPG.jpg

53 Posts

March 16th, 2014 22:00

What type of array?  Or can you provide a serial number in this thread, or by email to me at ryan.brancel@emc.com?

No Events found!