Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 9th, 2016 10:00

ESRS IP Client for Win2012

It appears ESRS IP Client cannot be installed on a Win2012 Server.  Are there any plans to support this?  Any workarounds?

21 Posts

May 5th, 2016 21:00

Hi jrb50,

Just noticed that this has not been answered for you, sorry for the delay.

I just checked the release note for "ESRS IP Client for VNX" which is what I presume you are talking about?

v1.3.0.1.0015 is the version I have on file and it supports the following Operating systems:

• Windows 8
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows XP
  • Hyper-V with Windows Server 2003
  • EMC VMware with Windows Server 2003

Which seems to cover your immediate question. I'm wondering though what products you are looking to use this tool for? Previously called "ESRS IP Client for CLARiiON" it was developed to provide support for CLARiiON and still does today, although later this year EMC will no longer support the CLARiiON product range.

• So if you have a CLARiiON, "ESRS IP Client for VNX" can be used and will support Win2012
  • If you have a VNX you could use "ESRS IP Client for VNX", but many years ago EMC embedded (Device Client) ESRS into the VNX so "ESRS IP Client for VNX" is not longer required.
  • If you have multiple VNX products or VNX plus other EMC products, EMC Best Practice would be to use ESRS v3.x the new Virtual Edition that runs on a virtual machine.

Given the embedded (Device Client) and server/VM (ESRS Virtual Edition) options, I don't believe you'll see any more versions of the "ESRS IP Client for VNX", although I don't recall seeing anything official.

Hope this helps.

Trefor

No Events found!