This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 16th, 2015 07:00

ESRS SuSE 11.3 patching?

Hi

I'd like to install ESRS VE at a customer site. They did a vulnerability scan and found missing patches and don't let me put the VM's into "production". Missing SAT Patch Numbers:

10097, 10117, 10103, 10100, 10159, (10202,10204,10206), 10282, 10293

As per ESRS Operations Guide it is the customers responsibility to do the security updates.

But how can this be done?

As per customer, online_update and zypper doesn seem to be active.

Does anyone have experience with security updates on ESRS VE?

Thanks,

Ralph

56 Posts

February 18th, 2015 12:00

Hello Ralph in regards to the Security Updates where Zypper does not to be active , Customers, when accessing the console with root access, technically have the ability to configure repositories with zipper. However we are about to launch a Customer installable and purpose of VLm coming in March is to allow remote updates to occur after making a selection in the VE GUI that the customer manages.  I have contacted our PM who will collaborate on your issue , If your Customer has the admin root privileges  may I advise that you do not do the update until I get further advice from Engineering, I would like you to go to Support EMC  and create a ESRS VE case with this above information  too include my response So we can track your issue for easy escalation

No Events found!