Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2014 04:00

Where can I find the last update Call_Home_Template to download?

Did you install ESRS, but the template was not applied automatically, so I have to do this manually, but not managing to find, anyone know?

4 Posts

January 17th, 2014 05:00

by the way do not have, or know anyone?

119 Posts

January 17th, 2014 05:00

I'm not sure this will work for you but you can try it:

1. Browse to PowerLink.

2. In the right side of screen, in Navigator, click on EMC Services Partner Web

3. At the top menu, click Software.

4. In the pulldown menu, Select Software Type, select CLARiion/VNX Service Tools.

5. Click Call-Home Template File link.

6. Save the file.

4 Posts

January 17th, 2014 07:00

There is no longer the fifth item, and could only find in the powerlink realease 29.

119 Posts

January 17th, 2014 07:00

4 Posts

January 17th, 2014 10:00

Thanks.

56 Posts

February 24th, 2014 10:00

If this is a VNX  and you are configuring  Connect Home through a template in Unisphere  for Distributed monitoring The VNX does not use Distributed monitoring, and as of Novemner 2013 Distributed  Monitoring has been dropped by  EMC and will no longer reach Connect Homethis is a Legacy configuation no longer supported.   The Template in Unisphere should not be changed out or configured since it conflict6s with UDOCTOR,   The correct Connect Home setup is through ESRS IP Client management Server Centralized Monitoring or through  a Unified system on the Control Station  (provision) see The VNX Servicability Guide for more information.

53 Posts

February 24th, 2014 11:00

Just to clarify, the issue you are referencing is emails sent to emailalert@emc.com in plain text (ASCII) from the storage array.  Typically this is when emailalert is added to the customer email section, or the alert is forwarded manually to the emailalert email.  These types of events will be dropped by the EMC front end processor.  Distributed monitoring alerts (if set properly) will attach an XML package and that will be processed okay.  I believe the issue here is the call home template was not applied during the IP Client install.  This can also occur if the ports are not set up properly between the storage array and the mgmt workstation.  For example, 6389 for the agent port.  The call home template is still located on the management workstation, as it is copied there during install.  I forget the exact path to browse to.  Search for any *.tpl files.  But make sure all the ports are opened per documentation.

No Events found!