Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2012 13:00

no privileges for esrs ip client

Hi,

I'm trying to install the esrs ip client for a couple of weeks now but i get stuck during the installation when i have to  enter my powerlink credentials. The setup keeps complaining about my powerlink account not having the privileges for esrs ip client.

How do i get this fixed? Emc support got me nowhere in all these weeks.

69 Posts

July 16th, 2012 10:00

Which EMC product?

53 Posts

July 16th, 2012 11:00

Check emc116045 "How to get support for EMC Powerlink"

This path may need to be set up in Powerlink:

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Register Your Software Sites

For example, if you are registered properly you should also be able to download VNX code updates through Unisphere Service Manager (the actual upgrade can be done by our Remote Change Management group, or by yourself depending on preference and contract levels).

49 Posts

July 16th, 2012 11:00

VNX 5300 Unified

21 Posts

July 17th, 2012 02:00

Hi mbraak,

Are you a customer or partner?

Customer: You need to have a PowerLink account registered against the same site as the VNX. The VNX must be registered as well in PowerLink, if you have not previously done this it can take a few days. Once you are correctly set up in PowerLink you can use the same credentials to install the ESRS IP Client for VNX.

Partner (non-service): Unless you use the customers credentials or your PowerLink account is authorised by the customer at the same site as the product you will not be able to install ESRS IP Client for VNX.

Partner (service): You must use your EMC account and fob.

Trefor

49 Posts

July 17th, 2012 23:00

Hi Trefor,

We are a Partner (non-service) but also a Customer because we also bought a VNX for own use.

The problem seems that my powerlink account is setup as a Partner account which does not sufficient rights.

So the solution for my problem is that my powerlink account is also setup as a Customer account or provide my partner accounts the correct rights so i have sufficient privileges for ESRS IP Client install.

But this seems to be very difficult because  after almost two months EMC support still haven't fixed it

Marcel

21 Posts

July 18th, 2012 07:00

Hi Marcel,

Normal product support most like will not be able to help you especially if its a PowerLink issue. Please send an email to PowerLink@emc.com they should be able to fix this for you,

Failing that, an EMC tech should be able to WebEx into your machine and install it for you.

Trefor

49 Posts

July 19th, 2012 05:00

Hi Trefor,

I have send them an email but got not reply so far.

I dont get it, i have this problem for almost two months now and it's exactly what is described in emc258208.

It should be a piece of cake for EMC to fix this?!?!

Seems like EMC doesn't like partners to use the same products they are reseller for

Getting a quote for VNX equipment for internal use is also hard to get. EMC doesn't understand a deal registration for the partner (in this case also customer) itself?!?!

Hope to hear from powerlnk support soon..

Marcel

49 Posts

July 27th, 2012 04:00

Still got no privileges

I do a lot of mailing with several people at EMC but it seems very hard to fix for them ?!?!?

They do got "customer" profile attached to my Powelink account so i can switch between partner and Customer now.

But ESRS still doesn't accept my account.

I registered my EMC site on my "Customer" account several days ago but still waiting for EMC to approve it.

Maybe that fixes the issue...

I'm glad i dont have to install ESRS for a customer the way things are going now...

Keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Marcel

49 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 06:00

I have registered my site ID several times last weeks using that page, but the site id is still not shown as registered so i have send another email to the email adresses you specified..

Thanks

M.Braak

433 Posts

Please update in next 24 hours you should get a revertal. Else we will have to raise a ticket with the support to get this resolved asap.

Thanks

Rupal Rajwar

49 Posts

What exactly do you mean with "Please update in next 24 hours""  Update what?

49 Posts

Finally my rights are fixed and my powerlink account is accepted. But now the install is complaining about the serial number of the VNX is not registered on my Powerlink account. It is registered however.. Checked it ten times and even tried several reregistrations but no luck

433 Posts

Are you checking it through this link in powerlink :

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Register your Software Sites

Also if you dont see your serial number registered you will have to email to powerlink@emc.com/licensing@emc.com.

Sending an email to both will help you.

Thanks

Rupal Rajwar

433 Posts

The same teams generally revert in 24 hours. Please provide me the serial number of the array.

Thanks

49 Posts

I have send you a private messege with the serial number.

Thanks,

M.Braak

No Events found!