Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 8th, 2014 06:00

EmailXtender still creating new .emx files for old mails

Dear All,

I have an Emailxtender system (4.81.2518), customer using to journal an Exchange 2007 environment, and shortcut the mailboxes.

It stores the archived content to Centera Gen4 using DiskXtender. This Gen4 Centera is at the end of its capacity therefore I configured a new Centera media service to store the new content to a Gen4LP Centera from June 2014. Of course I configured EX from Centera media type to Hard Disk, and manually configured DX to use the new Centera. The .emx files in the June 2014 folder, are stored on the Gen4LP, without any issue. I expected that object creation will stop on the old Centera after a few days, unfortunately not. It is still creating new .emx files containing mails before the switchoff date. E.g. May 2014, and even various months in February 2013.

I do not understand this behaviour, do you have any idea?

Regards, Krisztian

17 Posts

July 8th, 2014 06:00

Must be due to an archive historical task, that archives old emails from the exchange server or a huge backlog of old emails in the journaling databases.

Regards

Thomas

48 Posts

July 8th, 2014 11:00

Hello Krisztian,

There are a few ways items get archived into EmailXtender:

1) Journaling

2) SMTP/Bloomberg/3rd party mail parser, this is done via files in the Drop Dir, the default location is:

C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Drop

3) EmailXtract - Tasks may run on a schedule or on-demand.  If there are emails EmailXtract comes across that are not in the archives, it will archive then shortcut the item.  This might be why you are still archiving content.  If you want to stop this permanently, you can disable and stop the EmailXtract service.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brad

No Events found!