Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2013 10:00

No archive folder to select from ex when setting up archive connection

All

I am curren:ty facing a strange issue.

I have implemented S1 for a customer and now, i want to setup co-existence with EX

When creating the archive connection i can enter the SA, sql server en db name and continue as normal.

The next screen that lets you choose to aggregate the folders into a single or keep  the default EX folder structure doesn't show any folders.

In EX there is a single folder called archive , that i should expect to see in that screen.

did anyone ever ran against this issue?

thnx

39 Posts

December 9th, 2013 11:00

Same idea here.

S1 queries EX so…

272 Posts

Check to be sure the s1 service account has the proper pemissions in emailxtender nd emailxtender sql

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

272 Posts

As far as I know the folder display shouldn't have anything to do with using encryption on the containers, but I have been wrong before

39 Posts

Hi Garry

Thnx for answering, we re-use the ex service account, so sql permissions should be ok, but i admit it looks a lot like a permissions issue.

EX is using encryption but that shouldn't be causing this?!?

Gr

Tom

600 Posts

December 9th, 2013 14:00

Greetings,

If you are using SA that is SQL authentication and not windows. I remember reading somewhere that ES1 needs windows authentication. Use EX service account for the connection and make sure it had all needed permission on the EmailXtender DB.

Regards,

Rajan

39 Posts

December 10th, 2013 02:00

Hi Rajan

We have tried with an account with all permissions on sql & the db and still the same issue.

It seems to connect t the db.

The screen showing you all EX archive folders, how is this filled? does it get the data out of sql? or does it get that out of EX instead and uses sql to connect to ex?

hope to find a solution  for this.

Thnx

Regards

Tom

600 Posts

December 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi Tom,

Data about volumes is in the FolderPlan table of the EmailXtender DB. It has to be the DB configuration that is not quite right.

You can engage support to look into it if its giving tough time.

Regards,

Rajan

39 Posts

December 10th, 2013 03:00

Hi Rajan

a SR is already open, but seems to be an issue that wasn't encountered before

Indeed

I would expect that the archive folders are loaded out of sql

and then you can choose to keep them separate or aggregate them into a single folder

so it might be unable to run that query

No Events found!