Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2012 08:00

SourceOne and Windows 8

Two part question here:

Is it possible to install source one on windows 8, by bypassing the OS check so that I avoid the msg: This is not a supported operating system version or service pack.?

If this not a function I can bypass, can I be put on the beta test list and try out a windows 8 offline client?

Thanks,

Charlie

10 Posts

October 30th, 2012 05:00

Additional Information:

It look like, that Offline Access would work with windows 8 and Office 2013. After migration of the office it runs. But you can't install it.

Office 2013 is now available for Software assurance.

8 Posts

October 30th, 2012 14:00

I'm still a little confused,

Microsoft has always released the first versions of the software as Developer additions,so software companies can start writing code well before the GA. And I understand it take time to write code and make sure it works. but this is Microsoft we are talking about, they have said for quite sometime when this will be releasd. not if

anyways I hope I can be a beta tester for the new client of is someone could just tell me how to make the client not check what OS i'm using this will work.

THank you

197 Posts

October 30th, 2012 19:00

Try compatibility mode.

10 Posts

October 30th, 2012 22:00

rodgersc schrieb:

Try compatibility mode.

Sorry, won't work. It works only for installing on the OS but not for the office.

I've tried a lot. But all doesn't work.

6 Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

You can install Offline Access client on Windows 8. The requirement is that you have Dot.Net Framework installed on the PC.

Use this command to install / turn ON dot.net framework on Windows 8:

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Please note:- Letter "G" in above command is the drive letter in which your Windows 8 installation Disc has been inserted.

Install the client afterwards...

6 Posts

Hello Charlie,

You get the message "This is not a supported operating system version or service pack." because you are not using the coreect source file..

Install the 32bit app on a 32bit OS

Install the 64bit app on a 64bit OS

If you try to install the 32bit app on a 64bit OS or otherwise, you'll always get the error message.

You can download the app from powerlink..

Home --- Support --- Software Downloads and Licensing --- Downloads S --- SourceOneOffline Access

Finito!

10 Posts

Charles_M schrieb:

You can install Offline Access client on Windows 8. The requirement is that you have Dot.Net Framework installed on the PC.

Use this command to install / turn ON dot.net framework on Windows 8:

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Please note:- Letter "G" in above command is the drive letter in which your Windows 8 installation Disc has been inserted.

Install the client afterwards...

Yes... this i had tested before and i looks like it runs fine.

But, i don't have found to install this an computer with office 2013 installed. There it will check which version is installed and stop the installation.

If you migrate the system, you will abel to use the offline access without any problem (as i was able to test).

8 Posts

November 7th, 2012 12:00

Ok so I'm running windows 8 64 bit and office 2010 32 bit when I install the 64 bit version it says I don't have the correct version of office 2010 64 bit when I try the 32 bit version of the client It tells me the os is not supported. does that mean that I need to be running office 64 bit on windows 8 64 bit ?

272 Posts

I haven't done this install myself.

Can you run the installer in compatibility mode?

6 Posts

Exactly...

8 Posts

in compatability mode it still sees that its windows 8 and will not continue.

272 Posts

The 32 or 64 bit version of the Offline Access Client has to match Outlook not the OS.

6 Posts

Hello Gary..

It does a check on both the OS and Office Application..

Install the 32bit app on a 32bit OS with 32bit Office application

Install the 64bit app on a 64bit OS with 64bit Office application

272 Posts

That will be a problem for many of us that run 32 bit Outlook on a 64 bit OS.

Most Customers have stayed with 32 bit Outlook since MANY plugins don't work on 64 bit Outlook.

13 Posts

November 26th, 2012 06:00

You are the man!!! Thank you for your help!    

No Events found!