Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 20th, 2017 13:00

Any know issues with October 2017 release of Microsoft 10 Fall Creators Update and Wi Fi?

I have a Dell Inspiron 5755, yesterday I downloaded and installed the newly released Windows 10 Fall Creators update, after the update my laptop Wi Fi could not find any connections, I tried several troubleshooting steps to no avail. The only way I could connect to the internet was using a Ethernet cable. So today I rolled back to a previous version of windows 10 and everything including Wi Fi works fine. Microsoft told me my Wi Fi driver may not be compatible with the new Windows 10 Fall Creators version, but I have a May 2017 release Wi Fi driver. Anyone else having issues after updating? 

3 Posts

October 26th, 2017 18:00

I am helping a friend with a Dell Laptop (3558) and similar problems, including freezing and not booting (can't find the hard drive). Microsoft Update 10/10/17 was defective (publishing error, whatever that means). The fix is not from Microsoft, but others have suggested removing all updates after 10/9/17. Settings/Updates/Update History/Uninstall. OR do a RESTORE to a restore point prior to 10/10/17. I haven't tried this with my friend’s computer, but will do so tomorrow. Here is the Microsoft link. There are other good sources if you Google Microsoft Update 10/10/2017 problems.  Let us know if this worked for you. Read the articles to validate to yourself what I am sharing. I'll update you on my progress with the 3558. Could also be a defective hard-drive as others have reported as separate issue. Dave

support.microsoft.com/.../windows-10-update-kb4041676

No Events found!