Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2008 14:00

2nd disk in Raid0 Array showing as Unallocated in Disk Manager

Dell 410

Vista Ultimate

2gb Memory

2 Seagate 500gb Sata Drives

I recently created a Raid 0 array from 2 identical Hard drives using migration method since I had an existing installation.

.Noticed that additional space not showing in File Explorer but in Intel Matrix Storage console appearing as a healthy Array.

MS Disk Manager showing 2nd drive in array as unallocated.

Any Ideas

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 27th, 2008 14:00

Migrating from RAID1 (or no RAID) to RAID 0 will not change the size  of the existing partition.  You will need to do one of three things:

Backup, delete the existing partition, and reload everything from the ground up, or

Purchase a copy of a partitioning utility that will support RAID 0 -- Acronis Disc Director should (note:  Partition Magic is no longer supported and will NOT WORK with Windows Vista), or

Simply create a new partition to use the rest of the space.

3 Posts

July 27th, 2008 16:00

Thanks,

I'm not looking to create another partition. Creating an array using the Intel utility should take the new drive and create one partition striping the data from the original disk. It should then appear as one (C:) volume.

I have done this often with servers, the first time using this utility and a desktop.

Just following the directions from Dell. The volume shows correctly within the Intel Matrix manager, just not within Windows.

Thanks,

Keith

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 27th, 2008 16:00

As above, delete the existing partition, and you then create a new one of the size you wish.  You must use a  CD with at least SP1 on it to create a partition larger than 137 GBytes.

No Events found!