Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 6th, 2013 10:00

BSOD after Firmware Update for E6430U's SSD

I configured an E6430U with our Windows 7 image, and everything was fine until I installed the following:  "Firmware for LITEONIT LMT-128M6M MSATA 128GB."  The result was a BSOD Stop Error [0x0000007B; 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034].  All efforts to restore, rollback, and repair Windows, failed.

The Windows Startup Repair process was unable to fix the problem on its own.  An SFC scan didn't help.  Fixing and rebuilding the BCD didn't help.  Resetting the BIOS didn't help.  And...restoring to a previous point either didn't help or didn't process [0x8000ffff].

My only option was to reimage this unit.  After doing so, it's operating as expected.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 6th, 2013 17:00

Hi jddfw,

The 0x7B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error occurs if there is a change in controller mode from ATA to AHCI without the proper controller driver installed. I'm not sure why it happened after you updated the firmware but it seems the system lost your boot drive. It's possible that changing the controller setting in the BIOS would have fixed it.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

87 Posts

May 7th, 2013 06:00

I considered that perhaps the firmware update had some how managed to change the mode, but it was still set to RAID.  I flipped this to AHCI, anyway, but the result was the same.  (I did not try ATA...but we haven't used ATA since about 2009.)  After re-imaging the unit, the system continued to function as expected under RAID (which is the default).

It must have rearranged something I couldn't get to...or supplied the OS with drivers I couldn't identify/find (with the hope of removing).

I appreciate the feedback!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 7th, 2013 17:00

Glad to help. Yes, pretty strange all right.

No Events found!