Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2008 10:00

Burning a dvd for TV viewing

Hi we just got a flip ultra camcorder...........one of those fun little devices.  We are having fun with it but now want to make some dvd's to share with others.  I believe the flip makes avi files and I'm guessing there in is the problem.  I do not know how to or what I need to convert files to create a dvd for anyone to view on their tv.  I have the free version of ashampoo, I do not have Roxio installed but have the program, also windows media player.  What program will I need to use/buy/download free to make this nice and simple.  I've never done anything other than burn a cd or dvd.  Can you help me out? thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2008 11:00

Hi, mnarteach:

To make a video DVD from AVI files, you need a program that can encode DVD video files. If you simply search for "avi to DVD", you'll find a variety of tools that can do this. A less common approach is to convert videos to VCD or SVCD and put them on a CD-R. Most DVD players will play these.

I personally use the full version of Nero, but it's not free or even cheap.

144 Posts

December 25th, 2008 12:00

Thanks for your help.  I was hoping to find something that is easy to operate ....my husband is a novice.  Is nero your only recommendation? 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 26th, 2008 04:00

No Events found!