Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2016 14:00

CD/DVD Drive Vanishes after restarting computer

Few days ago I bought a new Hard Drive, as the last one didn't resist anymore. I installed all the Dell drivers from Dell Support, but I notice in my device manager that the DVD/CD-ROM drivers were not installed. So I seach in the web and found this firmware that appears to match with my computer model "TSST-TS-U633J 9.5mm Tray SATA Firmware".

At first it worked, but ones I restarted it, it didn't appear in the Device Manager and the last thing I discovered is that if I sleep the computer it will work again.

Went to see if it had something to do with the BIOS but the device is being recognized.

Laptop Model: Dell Latitude E6410

BIOS: A16

CD/DVD: Toshiba CD/DVD RW Optical Drive TS-U633

I think it has something to do with the driver but I don't know which one should be the one that I need to install, as in the Dell Support is not showing up.

Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 17:00

Hi Qckgl,

There is no special driver needed for DVD drives. They all use the same generic driver. I suggest you try the Microsoft Fixit utility, for which I have a link below.

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 21:00

Hi Osprey4,

Actually I made that test, and it went pretty well, as it recognize must of the types of CD-DVD's that I had. (I didn't know some of those even existed). 

Of course in this case the CD/DVD device was recognized, becuase I unplugged it and plug it again. 

What do you suggest, becuase it seems that the device is working correctly, and as you say, the driver shouldn't be the one affecting.

No Events found!