Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 19th, 2008 09:00

CD/DVD Drive not recogonized

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 which was working well till last week. Suddenly from yesterday the CD/DVD drive is not seen in My Computer. My collegue checked the drive by entering BIOS but it did'nt show such a device. How come my DVD drive is not not recogonizable all of a sudden? I tried opening the drive but there is no response i.e DVD drive does not open. Please Advise.

10.9K Posts

July 19th, 2008 16:00

Look in the Device Manager .........

Start | Control Panel | System in classic view | Hardware tab | Device Manager

Click on the (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.  Right-click the drive and select Properties.
Is there an Error Code (number) present?

2 Posts

July 20th, 2008 03:00

The device manager does not show CD/DVD drives in the list. I have even checked this in BIOS under devices info and it does not show CD/DVD drive. Even my DVD driver is not opening.

10.9K Posts

July 20th, 2008 16:00

The usual cause of this type of problem is a poor connection
or contact.  Physically remove the drive and inspec the connections.
Then reinstall the drive in an effort to improve the connection.

You may have to do this more than once.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/om_en/html/parts.htm#wp1076794

1 Message

July 22nd, 2008 22:00

I am having the same problem with a Latitude D610.  I have removed the drive and checked the contacts on the connection several times and no luck.  I also have a 3.5-inch floppy drive that is being recognized in the same slot the DVD drive goes into.  Do you have anything else to try?  At what point do I give up on the drive and get another one?

Thanks

No Events found!