Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2012 21:00

Can I have 2 optg. system in two partition in Hard Disk of my Desktop ?

I am using Windows Vista with Home Premium 32-bit (a license copy), preloaded in my Desktop by DELL from 20-02-2007. Prior to that from July, 2002, I was using Windows XP Professional Pack 1with Home (a License copy of version dt. 25-Oct-2001). Since I have to go in another State for a new Employment, I gave the IBM Desktop to my friend. But the CD with O.S. of Windows XP pack1 is lying idle with me. I want to install the same in another partition of Hard Disk in present Desktop-DELL. I have partitioned my Hard Disk for the purpose - C:\ and D:\. Now, I want to know, before proceeding further - is my scheme is feasible ? Will both O.S. will work in two partition with regular updation ? Certainly, I will give more time in using Windows XP Professional if successfully loaded in D:\ because it is more compatible with my professional requirements. I am inviting suggestions from any learned Friends.

:emotion-6:

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

The XP CD is to be loaded on one PC and one PC only.

Since it is loaded on the IBM desktop you gave to your friend, you will not be able to load it on another PC.

No Events found!