Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2004 19:00

Cd-RW DRIVE

I have a new Demention 8400 system.  When I went to pull up a microsoft word file that I had previously had on a Cd, it came up that the CD was blank.  AHHH!  I am sure that there are files on it.  I am running the same Microsoft Office program on this computer as well.  I tried to open the CD with the word program also and it says that I do not have access to the drive and to contact the system administrator when in fact I am him!!  And the settings for that profile are as such!

Please help

15.3K Posts

October 6th, 2004 20:00

Hi Sdiekmann,

Lets clear up any possible driver issue first, click on the CD/RW link in my post and scroll to section 15, article 1; Section 20, article 3; Section 11, article 2.

Best Regards

PS: how were the files written and what program did you use?

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

Message Edited by Predator on 10-06-2004 05:36 PM

13 Posts

October 6th, 2004 20:00

The file in question is a simple Microsoft Word document

15.3K Posts

October 6th, 2004 21:00

I am sorry Sdiekmann, my question was too vague:
What software program did you use to write the file to the disc, a Packet Writing program, example DLA, Direct CD, InCD, etc or a Mastering Program, RecordNow, Roxio, Nero, etc...

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
difference.

CD/RW Link

13 Posts

October 6th, 2004 22:00

Oh sorry about that.  I am actually not sure what I used to write it, but I can tell you how I did it if that helps.  Before switching to my new computer, I went into Windows Explorer and basically dragged and dropped the file to my cd drive prompt.  I was using Millenium OS  if that helps.  I have accessed the file before since it was on that cd but that was obviously from the other (old) computer. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help

No Events found!