Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2012 19:00

DVD/CD ROM Driver

I am missing the driver for my disk drive and I cannot find it anywhere on either their web site or anywhere else online. Tech support was trying to tell me i had to renew my warentee to get the driver which is bs, i found every driver for my computer on their site except for this one. Its the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L633A drive for an Inspiron 1545 running Vista 64x. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. 

10.9K Posts

June 25th, 2012 21:00

The driver is supplied by Windows and it is a generic one that all optical drives use.  What is the problem you are having with the drive?

June 29th, 2012 19:00

Hi Shawnpergande,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum,

I am Rajaraman from Dell Social Media Communities team.

With regards to your question, you can download the latest firmware by clicking on the following link.

www.dell.com/.../19

and download the firmware which applies to "TS-L633C 12.7 SATA Trayload 8X DVDRW" which is the latest version A08 released on 5/18/2011 for your dvd drive. To update the firmware, click on download button beside the firmware link.

Please post me in case if you need any more help.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Rajaraman_u

Dell Social Media Responder

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 30th, 2012 12:00

Hi Shawnperande,

To add to Skybird's post, you can download every driver you need from Dell downloads regardless of your warranty status. Please note that the items listed under removable storage are firmware, not drivers.

No Events found!